Search

Thanks, bauhouse, I am interested as well!

Regarding the recordings, I stick to my initial comment. I’d rather sit there a whole day to do a write-up than find a video of my presentations on the web. I just don’t want to be so “exposed”.

I just don’t want to be so “exposed”

Sure. If we decide to record any of the proceedings, community members would certainly be able to opt out of having their session recorded and/or shared. But for some of the core Symphony presentations, it might be nice to have those accessible for all those who aren’t able to join us.

Thank you, Craig. Sounds reasonable to me.

But for some of the core Symphony presentations, it might be nice to have those accessible for all those who aren’t able to join us.

That was what I was ultimately getting at in my comment before. If that is feasible, that would a huge help for those that aren’t able to make the London meetup.

If it isn’t going a bridge too far, what about live webcasting?

BTW. I’ve just been able to extend my stay to June 15 so I can attend the full Symposium. :D

Nice one Stephen! Looking forwards to having you there :)

If anybody is interested I could talk about managing and displaying events in the calendar ensemble.

I am interested.

Sounds good, Jonas.

@klaftertief, Me too. I’m always interested to see what people are doing with my ensembles (if that’s what you’re referring to).

ah too bad i wasn’t in town next week. i am on a last minute trip for work this week (june 1) in london.

Not here on the Saturday but am keen to pop by on the sunday.

Getting an XSLT error whenever I try to go to the sign up page tho - anyone any ideas?

@Ruth, I’m glad you’ll be able to make it to at least part of the weekend.

Strange about the XSLT error. I’m not having any problem navigating to the sign up page. Anyone else having problems?

It is strange because I’m constantly getting it - this is the first time I have tried to get to that page and I haven’t logged in for a while - I wonder if there’s anything in my user info which is causing it - a lost & or something…

I sign up for sunday tho :) I feel we’re gonna need at least one pair of breasts and not moobs :D

@Ruth. It might be related to your timezone settings. Try resaving your profile maybe?

@czheng Ahhh sounded like such a good idea! Not workin tho :( I’ll try again on my pc at home, no reason why it should make a difference but still worth a shot.

What happened is that the Symphony site automatically adjusts all dates based on the user’s timezone settings. But the event date needs to be pinned to London time, so I essentially had to write XSLT that reverse engineers the date given in the XML based on each user’s timezone and brings it back to London time. Which of course involves all kinds of voodoo and it seems to be breaking specifically for people in the UK. I thought I’d got it sorted, but apparently not.

Hoping to attend Sunday!

Did someone say they had a spare room booked somewhere? The Premier Inn is full down the road, I may be able to stay with friends in Haringey, although that is quite far…