Search

A new extension, “Author Section” is now available for download. Comments and feedback can be left here but if you discover any issues, please post it on the issue tracker.

Hurray! My first extension!

This extension adds the option ‘allowed sections’ to the author-screen.

It allows you to control which sections your authors are allowed to see. It gives the ability to have multiple authors with diffent access. For example: You can now create an author who is only allowed to manager news items, and another author who is allowed to manage other content.

This extension is ideal for larger sites which have multiple people managing it’s content.

This extension looks quite handy. Will look into it.

Nice one! This will be handy for an upcoming project using 2.0.6 or 2.0.7.

I think the upcoming 2.1 release will abstract the “Authors” concept more so that permissions (and a full access control layer, ACL) will be officially supported.

Thanks for working on this. It’s great to have this option available before for the 2.1 release.

Giel, it would be great if you could provide the source code of this extension via GitHub.

Nice work!

Am I right if I assume that it is simply hiding sections? So if the author guesses the URL, he still has access to anything (like before)?

That’s right. It’s just cosmetic ;)

Author Section updated to version 0.2 on 1st of March 2010

Changes from v0.1:

Fixed bug; if you were not logged in as a developer, you as an author were able to change your own allowed sections.

I installed the extension and my admin pages turned blank… What to do?

Add this to your .htaccess file to see the error:

php_value display_errors on

Whoops, i’ve overwritten the .htaccess file, now my links don’t work anymore. installing an original .htaccess file don’t seem to work either…

Ok, fixed the .htaccess thing, i get the following error: Fatal error: Cannot access private property Author::$_fields in /Users/XZ/Martijn/Web/eigenblog/extensions/author_section/extension.driver.php on line 68

Author Section updated to version 0.3 on 15th of March 2010

Changes from v0.2:

Fixed bug; using Author-objects get()-function and isDeveloper()-function instead of brute-force reading an array.

@Cremol: This was the reason why you got that error.

Author Section updated to version 0.4 on 16th of March 2010

Changes from v0.3:

Fixed bug; Check if Author object is not empty before calling it.

I can’t download it!

Yep, there’s no download file on the extension page. And the GitHub repository (http://github.com/kanduvisla/Author-Section) is empty as well…

Yep, there’s no download file on the extension page

Apologies. Fixed. I moved a folder on the server yesterday and mucked up the path to extension downloads.

Would it be possible to extend this further to the level of individual entries?

I’m currently working on a project for a group of organisations, where each needs the ability to edit their information only. There will be 12 different authors, 12 entries in the section, each author being able to edit their entry only.

Any ideas how to achieve this?