0 users online. Create an account or sign in to join them.Users

Search

Is anyone else experiencing blank pages in Symphony 2.0.7 when editing sections and datasources? If I refresh the page usually displays. The blank pages as shown in Firebug:

<html class="active" lang="en">
    <head>
        <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
        <title>Symphony &ndash; Data Sources &ndash; Enrollment by Student</title>
        <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="screen" href="http://example.com/symphony/assets/forms.css">
        &lt;script type="text/javascript" src="http://example.com/symphony/assets/jquery.js">&lt;/script>
        &lt;script type="text/javascript" src="http://example.com/symphony/assets/admin.js">&lt;/script>

        <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="screen" href="http://example.com/symphony/assets/symphony.duplicator.css">
        &lt;script type="text/javascript" src="http://example.com/symphony/assets/symphony.collapsible.js">&lt;/script>
        &lt;script type="text/javascript" src="http://example.com/symphony/assets/symphony.orderable.js">&lt;/script>
        &lt;script type="text/javascript" src="http://example.com/symphony/assets/symphony.duplicator.js">&lt;/script>
    </head>
    <body>
    </body>
</html>

I am! it sucks :(

So this just happens randomly?

I noticed it the most with the datasource pages and section pages. Reloading the page consistently worked.

Hmm, not sure where to begin debugging that one. Do you have any unusual extensions installed?

I have noticed this before 2.0.7 as well, especially on small webspaces. In these cases increasing the local PHP memory limit solved it. I did it in the .htaccess file by adding for example:

# memory limit should allow standard digital camera images of 8 to 10 Megapixels
php_value memory_limit 128M

(As you see in the comment, this had a positive side effect of being able to handle bigger images in PHP.)

Be sure to check the default value using phpinfo();.

This just happened to me too (while demoing Symphony to my new boss), navigating to the Create New Section form.

My memory is set to 16M, but I’ve never had an issue with this config before. Extensions are Rowan’s System ID, and Reflection Field.

Hmm, not sure where to begin debugging that one. Do you have any unusual extensions installed?

Alistair, I know I’ve not been much help. I just launched a site today which needs a little ironing out. At the end of the week I’m going to set up 2.0.7 again and troubleshoot the problem. An extension may very well be the problem.

At least I know I’m not the only one and that it is a real issue. ashooner, the site has many extensions but does include both of Rowans you mentioned.

Ive updated to the integration version of 7 and it doesnt seem to be doing it anymore.

Submitted

I moved a site to another environment, and now it seems to be worse.

Have you tried adding flags to show what the error might be?

In your .htaccess:

php_value display_errors on

Thanks ashooner. I will look into this problem soon.

Thanks Alistair. I’m much less stressed now that I know I can revert to Safari (see ticket). Weird thing was that it seemed to increase in frequency in firefox, to the point where almost every admin page needed to be reloaded.

I noticed that when I created a new datasource by duplicating one of the local .php files this would happen. I started only creating datasources in the admin via browser and all is well.

Any progress on this? I usually don’t like to harp on issues, but on my installs, the admin is unusable in firefox, and I now I’m having to pass on recommending Symphony for projects b/c of it.

I don’t doubt its something specific to our installs or env. so just let me know if there’s anything I could do to help with addressing it.

Can anyone who’s experiencing this problem please email me (craig @ this domain)? None of us has been able to reproduce it, so we’ll need your help figuring out exactly what’s wrong.

Even better, an Ensemble or Zip of the whole shebang!

Sure, though I suspect it’s environment-specific… I guess that’d help us figure that out for sure.

Will do. I agree it seems environment-specific, I have the same version running just fine on my own VPS and some other servers; my problem is GoDaddy-specific.

edit: Reading back through this thread, I’ve obivously got a short memory. I did have this issue on my VPS before moving it to GODaddy.

I’ve got this exact same issue.

The weird thing is, the html IS THERE when I view the page source. It just isn’t there when I check firebug (strange, strange)

Create an account or sign in to comment.

Symphony • Open Source XSLT CMS

Server Requirements

  • PHP 5.3-5.6 or 7.0-7.3
  • PHP's LibXML module, with the XSLT extension enabled (--with-xsl)
  • MySQL 5.5 or above
  • An Apache or Litespeed webserver
  • Apache's mod_rewrite module or equivalent

Compatible Hosts

Sign in

Login details