Search

I just put a new website live: www.mas-art.com.

I have some dynamic xml datasources thats load in a xml page from the same system and which I use in another page (so I can cache it).

This worked great on the development server, but when I point the dynamic xml datasource to the correct path on the new server, it doesn’t work anymore? I just get ‘No records found.’ in the xml..

The path to the page on the new server which produces the xml is correct, and I already set the cache interval to 1 minute..

What could be causing this?

Could it be an .htaccess thing (that seems fine, the rest of the site works ok)? Or perhaps the ‘-’ in the domain name (i’m really guessing here)?

It’s really weird, it should be working fine..

Got it…

http://getsymphony.com/discuss/thread/630/

It was permissions. manifest/tmp wasn’t writeable.

I actually run into to this before.. and it still took me a forum search to get the solution again ;)

Might be a good idea to post a ‘move Symphony to new server’ tutorial somewhere. These kind of things are easily overlooked.

An odd thing. I set the manifest/temp permissions to 777 a while back to fix this problem.

I checked just now and it wasn’t working anymore, out of the blue, nothing has changed meanwhile.

Setting the permissions to 775 fixed it again.. What could cause this?

@bd_creations: sounds like your host may have changed the allowed folder permissions. Some hosts do not like the overly lax 777 permission.

Ah right.. thanks Allen.