Search

Thanks, phoque. I’ve just added an issue with a fix. I added an event that enables the front end form for updating issues. It’s not perfect, but it should get you going in the right direction.

For a free hosted solution, you could try Pivotal Tracker.

A good source of ideas for a Symphony bug tracker, perhaps.

I find Pivotal Tracker takes a completely different, more Scrum-like, approach.

Right. Very interesting UI approach, though.

A good source of ideas for a Symphony bug tracker, perhaps.

I know Rowan and Brendan use Pivotal at R&B, but I’ve found the UI to be nothing but a confusing mess. Sifter is Airlock’s tracker of choice which is incredibly task-focused and functional.

To be fair, Pivotal Tracker isn’t really a bug tracker per-se, it’s more of an agile iteration planner. I do agree that the interface leaves something to be desired—it feels as though it’s trying to be desktop-like and that doesn’t work all that well in the browser.

I’ve never tried Sifter, but it does look great. Garrett Dimon knows his shiz.

Garrett Dimon knows his shiz

Fo sho. I remember following the Sifter UI iterations for months on his blog and being sold on the product even before I had tried it.

Yeah, I use Pivotal Tracker daily at work and while it has it nice bits, I prefer Lighthouse :)

Can anyone advise which hosted solution offers a limited free plan for 1 personal project ‘forever’? Over at sifter they say you can ask them to extend the 30 days…
Or should will bugaroo be ready soon and be the solution, already any symphonians on board to finish it?

I’ve been telling people to look into Codebase. Not perfect, but full-featured with lots of awesome Git features. You can have a repo automatically sync with a repo on Github. You can interact with your tickets via your Git commit messages. You can have Codebase Twitter your Git activity automatically. It’s got an XML API for easy integration. And so on… Definitely worth a look, and is free forever for one project. Support is pretty good too. I once requested an addition to the UI and it was done within a week.

For something more focused and simple, there’s also Lighthouse, which has a totally free plan.

Neither of these has as nice a UI as Sifter, but you can get more done for free ;)

I’ve been telling people to look into Codebase.

We’re currently using Codebase Tiny for all our work.

@czheng
thanks, didn’t realize lighthouse has a free plan, I only see ‘try for free’ on their plans page, but thought that would be a 30 days trial?….

@phoque, I’ve been working on a solution to issue #3. I think we’re ready to move ahead with some of the functionality you need to save and edit entries through front end forms.

I’m brand new to Symphony and probably jumping ahead with looking at ensembles, but whilst perusing the site this took my eye.

I’ve downloaded and installed bugaroo, and it looks awesome. I for one would love to see this completed. Perhaps I’ll become familiar enough with Symphony soon to contribute something.

Hi Eris, welcome to the Symphony community. I saw that you’re located around the UK. It would be great if you could join us in the Symphony UK meetup in June.

Phoque, the creator of this Ensemble will be there too. Perhaps it would be a good opportunity for an Ensemble workshop.

Hi Allen,

Thanks for the welcome, am just getting started with Symphony but will put the dates in my diary. Don’t want to hijack this thread any more so will discuss on the relevant thread!

On the topic of Bugaroo, am trying to figure out which branch of who’s repo is most up-to-date (I’m newish to git/github). Considering the standard blog example comes by default I thought this would be a great playground for getting familiar, and if I can contribute then all the better. Am playing with Bauhouse’s master branch for the time being :)

Considering the standard blog example comes by default I thought this would be a great playground for getting familiar, and if I can contribute then all the better. Am playing with Bauhouse’s master branch for the time being :)

I wouldn’t recommend this as a good example for beginners as it’s still work in progress and far from being finished. :-)

I wouldn’t recommend this as a good example for beginners as it’s still work in progress and far from being finished. :-)

Therein lies the challenge :D

have an sql problem. Where does this query call?

Table ‘srv12683_loci.symentriesdata_’ doesn’t exist

Attachments:
bugtracker_error.png

I’ve had this with the Members extension before and couldn’t fix it…