Search

Would anyone be interested in a Portfolio Blog Ensemble? It’s not quite ready for an official release, but I wanted to gauge interest in the effort before I spent the time to get it ready. The code is already on GitHub. Everything works, except that you’ll encounter some errors after install because of missing images and an issue I just discovered with the latest version of Markdown (my selected text formatter has disappeared with the addition of HTML Purifier, causing errors when saving entries).

I would definitely be interested! I’ve been struggling with doing something similar myself.

Does it have front end submission for comments, gravatars etc?

With the portfolio, do you use the mass uploader for the images, or single submissions?

I ask these while I’m at work, but I assure you I’ll be digging around in it tonight! ;)

The current implementation of the portfolio involves a very manual process of building five different images for each piece because of the way I’ve implemented it. I developed this probably about three or four years ago when I was first starting out with Symphony. So, it was more a test of what Symphony was capable of than the best way to approach managing a portfolio site. I’m open to suggestions on how this should be improved.

I never got around to implementing comments and gravatars, but this could be added, based on the implementation in the Forum Ensemble, similar to the way this site is working.

That sounds great!

i’ve been working on just a blog ensemble on and off (more off than on) this past month and am almost there.

it ties in to your twitter feed and links to numerous amounts social networks (as in posts your link to those sites and shows their icon).

it currently doesn’t support gravatars, but i will look into getting that functionality in there.

i’m having some admin issues with mediathek listing out all the associated images in an article and getting the correct number of posts per category when there are unpublished articles that have said category selected.

here are a couple screen grabs:

top theme

bottom theme

Looks great, wtdtan. What version of Symphony will this be on?

thanks allen. currently on 2.0.7. would you recommend waiting 2.0.8 to come out or upgrade afterwards? and how easily is it to upgrade from 2.0.7 -> 2.0.8?

also, just implemented gravatar support for comments.

Yes, I’d recommend upgrading to 2.0.8 and the upgrade process should be a matter of running update.php.

i was originally going to include a “portfolio” area like what bauhouse seems to be doing, but I was thinking that since it is a portfolio, people would want that to be pretty custom.

would there be interest in having this feature?