Search

A new extension, “Publish Shortcuts” is now available for download. Comments and feedback can be left here but if you discover any issues, please post it on the issue tracker.

Looks a little something like this:

alt text

Sweet, this is neat!

Brilliant idea!

Am thinking if the Publish Filtering extension is enabled I could add a “Save filter” button to the controls that would add it as as shortcut. Not sure how complex that would be.

I wouldn’t vote for such a dependancy. And it’s maybe good to leave configuration to the developer.

Here’s another idea: If filtering is enabled, could you add a “reset” button?

I wouldn’t vote for such a dependancy. And it’s maybe good to leave configuration to the developer.

Yeah, that’s fair enough. I don’t relish the thought of keeping up with whatever changes Nick might have in mind anyway :p

You could do that, I’d imagine something like “All [section name]” would work. Though, as you say, it might be better just to leave that up to the developer.

Works fine with ?filter=NULL… :-)

Publish Filtering has a “Clear” button that should do the same thing, by clearing the ?filter=....

This is a very cool extension. We’ve found ourselves adding links just like these on a per-project basis (usually through an extension we create for each project for these sort of UI customisations). Having it as a re-usable extension is brilliant, thanks!

Publish Filtering has a “Clear” button that should do the same thing, by clearing the ?filter=…

It does. But I thought about websites which don’t use the Publish Filtering extension (if any). :-)

Nice. This is the kind of use-case that inspired us to build extensible tabs into the UI in 2.1…

In Symhony 2.1.2: Clicking on ‘add item’ doesn’t immediately add a new item.

When you click ‘add item’, nothing happens. After clicking on ‘Save Changes’ however you see the Shortcut has been added.

I filed an issue for this.

I made a hotfix for the following issue I had with this extension.

@Makenosound: Could you please look into this? I use this extension a lot.

@kanduvisla: Sorry for the delay, bit backed up here. I’ve pushed a commit that will explicitly set the selected state to false unless it’s supposed to be true that should hopefully solve your problem. Let me know if it’s not working for you (I still can’t replicate it).

Publish Shortcuts updated to version 1.0.1 on 4th of November 2010

@Makenosound: Thanks for fixing the issue. It works now correctly.

@Symphony team:

I found that the error in my 2nd issue was caused because the class 'template' doesn’t get removed from the cloned list-item. I fixed this by changing line 440 in symphony/assets/admin.js from:

t.eq(j).clone(true).appendTo(w).animate({height: h[j]}, function() {

to:

t.eq(j).clone(true).removeClass("template").appendTo(w).animate({height: h[j]}, function() {

Should this be considered as a Symphony bug?

Not sure. I’m going to have the JS Working Group take a look.

Craig, I read that post earlier today and thought you’d say something like this …

I’m already famous for passing the buck ;)

Max, see this pull request that provides Symphony 2.2 compatibility.