Search

A new ensemble, “To Do List” is now available for download. Comments and feedback can be left here but if you discover any issues, please post it on the issue tracker.

Very nice work, Stephen.

Thanks, Craig :-)

I’ ve just tested this out a bit and it looks cool :D

I really like the idea of keeping bookmarks/interesting links/useful resources on one side and todo lists on the other. The clean and minimal design is great :)

Todo items management could be more flexible I think, especially creation, deletion and re-ordering. It would be cool to have this functionalities available from frontend and being able to edit links of other panels.

Great job!

@alpacaaa, Thanks for your comments.

I agree that the items management could be more flexible. I’d love to figure out how to take the functionality of the Subsection Manager and apply that on the front end. I’m not quite sure how to go about that, though. Would this be possible with events? At the very least, I think I would need to use EventEx to be able to save to the Lists and Items sections.

Nils would know better than I would. Do you think this would be possible, Nils?

Can anyone confirm this issue:

There appears to be an issue with the redirect: I’ve tried to add a redirect on save back to the root URL. Does the redirect need to refer to a different page?

I have this hidden redirect input element in the front end form:

<input name="redirect" type="hidden" value="{$root}/success/" />

But the redirect is not working. Is this a bug in Symphony 2.0.8 RC1 or am I doing this wrong?

Are you using a normal event or EventEx?

It’s just a normal event.

Hmm sounds like a bug then. The redirect will only happen if the result of the event is success.

Do you think this would be possible, Nils?

Yes, it should be possible. All three needed scripts (Draggable, Stage and Subsection Manager) are jQuery plugins that should be usable on the frontend. The only problem I see are the use of the core localisation function (which resides in admin.js) and the iframe content (if you need this functionality as well).

But the redirect is not working. Is this a bug in Symphony 2.0.8 RC1 or am I doing this wrong?

I submitted an issue ;)

Thanks, @alpacaaa. That fixed it. I’ve updated the ZIP file and integrated the fix into a dev branch until the fix gets into the core.

Wonderful!

To Do List updated to version 0.2 on 28th of September 2010