Search

The Email Template Filter extension is compatible with Symphony 2.0.8 RC1?

Testing here I can receive an email with the template nice and smooth, but XPath configuration of email template don’t get xpath values.

The correction in symphony/lib/toolkit/class.frontendpage.php as specified in rowan-lewis github seems to be in the core of version 2.0.8… I do not know exactly, just guessing.

Thanks in advance!

Hi germchaos, I’m using ETF without any issues under 2.0.8 RC1. How are you specifying your XPaths in the ETF Template?

Hi Tony, I’m using like this:

{$etf-entry-id}

or

{newsletter-envio/entry/email}

“newsletter-envio” is the data source used for the new register.

And also {newsletter-envio/entry/@id} on URL Parameters, but this is working fine.

Oh! Also made this changes on extensions/emailtemplatefilter/extension.driver.php

// Add values:
        if (ini_get('allow_url_fopen') == 'On')
            $email['message'] = (string)file_get_contents($email['generator']);
        else {
            $c = curl_init($email['generator']);
            curl_setopt($c, CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER, true);
            $email['message'] = curl_exec($c);
            curl_close($c);           
        }
        /*$email['message'] = (string)file_get_contents($email['generator']);*/

Without this I get an error:

file_get_contents(): URL file-access is disabled in the server configuration

Sorry about this… I forgot to include some elements in data sources =[

Total inattention…

At least I confirm that 2.0.8 RC1 is compatible with ETF without any pacth in class.frontendpage.php

I am preparing something like a mailing list ensemble here. I do not think that is compatible with large numbers of recipients, but should serve as a newsletter system for small businesses.

I am preparing something like a mailing list ensemble here. I do not think that is compatible with large numbers of recipients, but should serve as a newsletter system for small businesses.

Have you heard about my Email Newsletters extension? Every few weeks I am working hard on it for some days, and in fact I have just finished v0.9. It will send HTML/TEXT emails, work fine with big lists (some hundred thousand recipients, depending on memory) and include email personalization as well as throttling. I have not released anything yet. The biggest issue still is documentation. The README has reached around 400 lines, but it is still a work in progress. It is supposed include a lot of information about sending those emails successfully.

My extension won’t include list management — this is something which can be done in Symphony using custom events or the Frontend Members extension. To teach people how to put it all together, I might as well release an ensemble. But I’ll think about this when the extension is “in the wild”.

Awesome! I was not aware of this extension. Sounds very promising, I’m very curious.

What I’m doing is something much simpler. Have company info (fixed information in templates, email sender, etc), templates, contacts and groups, and messages (all of this is sections, so is full customizable). When you save a new message, you get a link to a frontend page with the message in template, and a little panel to set recipients by groups. Then send via ETF. Comparing this to an extension, this looks very weird…

I’m always one step behind lol

By the way, do not know how are the restrictions for sending mail servers in your country. Here in Brazil, the most popular hosts have restrictions on number of emails per hour in shared servers. But on dedicated servers there is no restriction.

Thank you for giving me hope in newsletter stuffs =]

My extension won’t be released before it is running stable on 2 or 3 client websites. I don’t want to cause problems to anyone — sending mass emails is a serious thing, and debugging the extension isn’t easy.

Regarding the overall number of recipients, unfortunately I have a new issue.

By the way, do not know how are the restrictions for sending mail servers in your country. Here in Brazil, the most popular hosts have restrictions on number of emails per hour in shared servers. But on dedicated servers there is no restriction.

Same here in Germany. This is why I built in throttling. Even if you are on a server, sending too fast would increase the likelihood of your mails being treated as spam.