Search

Hi all.

I’ve got the weirdest error…

I was playing around with the styles.css

And thought I’d put underline on my text decoration for ‘a: hover’

Now… Even though there are no occurances of this in the document after I removed it… The underlines are still showing. Even weirder, they are and always were showing on the a, with no instance of hover or anything.

Anyone know how to fix this?

I will be changing my styles further anyway so maybe it’ll fix itself but thought I’d see if anyone has had the same problem?

Cheers peeps~

The default style for links is to have the text be underlined. You have to tell it to do otherwise.

a {
    text-decoration:none;
    }

That will do it. Don’t you use a reset CSS? A basic CSS reset would solve 99% of your problems.

I’ve attached the one I use. Link to that before you link to your main styles. It replaces the underlying from text with a 1px bottom border, something I think looks a little cleaner. Feel free to change it as you see fit. I borrowed and changed CSS from a bunch of different sources.

Attachments:
reset.css

Cheers dude.

Yeah. After an hour of googling and mucking about I finally found out it was something to do with the default browser stylesheet. Annoying but it’s gone now. I prefer the border method too, lol.

CSS is a pain with all these niche glitches… I seem to be pro at finding them!

So I just put this like.. above the fetch for styles? Useful stuff!

Thanks !! :)

Using a reset stylesheet is really good practice imho, others may argue differently. I find it gives complete control over everything, also, it makes those little browser rendering differences easier to spot and account for (especially that browser-which-shall-not-be-named!)

To be honest, I’ve never really heard someone make a convincing argument for not using a reset.css. The only way I could ever see you wanting to use one is if you had one page with a very limited number of elements that you knew would not be changing. Then you might not need one because you could set the CSS for each element specifically but on larger sites, especially CMS-driven sites, using a reset just makes too much sense for me.

Yeah safe for that reset styles mod

Cheers again S’kru