Search

Hello,

When I refresh/load the front-end website, it logs me out of the backend administration. How can I fix this?

A little extra info… I’m using Symphony for a CMS of a flash website (the irony). Flash is looking for a site.xml and I’m using htaccess to pull the Symphony page. This works, but is it causing this logging out behaviour?

Great if you can help. I’m sold on Symphony it’s great; I was just about to finish the job, then I hit this hurdle….

Thanks

Hi rc1,

Definitely not intended behavior. Can you monitor what if anything the frontend is doing to your session cookie? It’s called “PHPSESSID”.

I don’t know much about Flash and it’s use of browser cookies, but I kind of doubt it would be clearing or overwriting the backend one.

Also check the expiry of the session cookie, maybe it is just expiring on you due to server clock oddness?

Hi ashooner, thanks! I was to do with the session cookie.

My htaccess redirect had a ‘..’ (parent folder) in the directory path which was invalidating the cookie.

Incase anyone else is wanting to use the Gaia flash framework with Symphony, my solution is:

RewriteEngine on
RewriteRule ^xml/(.+).xml$ admin/$1