Search

A new ensemble, “Pompodium” is now available for download. Comments and feedback can be left here but if you discover any issues, please post it on the issue tracker.

@Johanna - This ensemble is beautiful. You and Nils did an amazing job!!!

Yes, the site looks great! The presentation Johanna and Nils did on this site gave us insight into the peak and trough of being your own client and also having a long and arduous development cycle.

Thanks for sharing, “The Perfect Couple”.

Thank you so much, guys! It sure is a great feeling to finally have this project up and running with a purpose. I am so excited to see where other people will take this.

Best regards, “The perfect couple – a diametric approach to chaos and structure”™

I’ve been attempting to use it but it does not appear to work correctly.. (the download link as well). I tried the github but it gives off tons of errors.

The ensemble is only available on GitHub - not sure why this site displays a download link as we didn’t upload a ZIP package.

What kind of errors do you get?

@thatcriticguy - Would you mind posting the errors you have been getting on the Pompodium Ensemble issues page, http://getsymphony.com/download/ensembles/issues/46216/? Also, please post the environment you have… php version. apache or litespeed.

That way, Nils and Johanna, can track those issues easier. Thanks!

Ah, Brian was faster. It might be possible that I forgot to push something to the repository so detailed reports are welcome!

I haven’t downloaded this yet, but it does look beautiful – I think I’m going to use this on my own website. shame I missed the presentation to go with it!

Awesome.

I really appreciated how you both prepared the presentation: it was like listening to a story being told, spacing between the different ideas behind pompodium and the evolution of mediathek/subsection manager.

Hi Nils, I downloaded it as a zip!? Managed to install it no problem on MAMP, OSX 10.6.3, PHP 5.3.2

I get errors when I try to look at the website. I’ve attached the errors as two text files. The first set indicated a problem with the spam extension, which I disabled. The second set of errors then occurred. I then noticed that the date and time extension was not enabled, enabling it gave this…

MySQL Error (1050): Table 'sym_fields_datetime' already exists in query "CREATE TABLE `sym_fields_datetime` ( `id` int(11) unsigned NOT NULL auto_increment, `field_id` int(11) unsigned NOT NULL, `format` text, `prepopulate` enum('yes','no') NOT NULL default 'yes', `allow_multiple_dates` enum('yes','no') NOT NULL default 'yes', PRIMARY KEY (`id`), KEY `field_id` (`field_id`) )"

I’m very thankful for your ensemble. I’m just learning to use symphony and it has features that I need for my site. Looking forward to deconstructing it : )

Cheers

Mark

Attachments:
second-error-message.txt and first-error-message.txt

This is exactly the same issue I was experiencing.

This is due to the export ensemble extension. It exports only core field tables.

Nils: You’ll have to edit the install.sql manually to add the missing tables or use the Dump DB extension to do it for you.

Fazal and Marco, thanks for your kind words!

It seems like a mixture of issues: On the one hand Can of Spam related tables are missing (first error) and the datetime Data Source provided by the Date and Time field seems to be missing (second issue). Furthermore — for some reason — some extensions are disabled (third issue).

We’ve just started working on fixes for these three issues.

So this should fix the problems:

1. Add missing tables and rows to database (replacing sym_ with your table prefix):

DROP TABLE IF EXISTS `sym_canofspam_tracking`;
    CREATE TABLE `sym_canofspam_tracking` (
      `id` int(11) NOT NULL auto_increment,
      `client` varchar(32) NOT NULL default '',
      `form` varchar(32) default NULL,
      PRIMARY KEY  (`id`),
      KEY `client` (`client`),
      KEY `form` (`form`)
    ) ENGINE=MyISAM AUTO_INCREMENT=159 DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8 COLLATE=utf8_unicode_ci;
    INSERT INTO `sym_extensions` (`id`,`name`,`status`,`version`) VALUES (19, 'datetime', 'enabled', '1.3');

2. Create two folders with write permissions:

/workspace/media/
    /workspace/media/authors

Please keep in mind that you need to create content to get any frontend output:

1. Create an author in the author section.
  2. Create an article in the articles section.

One thing I should note: this ensemble uses a modified version of the Date and Time field. In order to keep the site working you should not change this extension.

Just updated the ensemble’s repository on GitHub so you can grab the code there as well.

Brilliant, its working. Thanks guys.

Seems like a nice clean bundle of code.

My install offers only a 404 error page. 404 has a ‘Pompodium’ image; background in vertical stripes. Install-log.txt is totally fine. In other words, seems like a good install but with some odd error.

A few questions: - It comes with no content—articles, comments, media, authors, etc.— correct? - No home.xsl page provided. Is it necessary to provide a home.xsl page?

Answering myself: - One simply needs to create an article. and make sure it is “published” - No home.xsl needed. Yah