Search

I just upgraded my public site to 2.0.8RC3. When I tried to edit a section I found that it displays all the field types whether I’m using them or not. It doesn’t show the Remove item button. There is no blueish gray background. It won’t let me save a change because all those unused fields require a Label value. The section editor still works correctly on my local development installation. Any ideas?

Sounds like some javascript files isn’t being loaded. Can you check if all the necessary assets (CSS and JS) are loading?

All the css and js files in symphony/assets are uploaded to my public site. If you are talking about them being loaded during symphony execution, I don’t know how to detect that.

I decided to use a trial and error process to track down the problem. I renamed forms.css to xforms.css to hide it and then opened a section in the editor. It loaded correctly! I then renamed the file back to forms.css and tried the section editor again. It loaded correctly! I have no idea how that could have fixed the problem or even if that had anything to do with fixing the problem. But that is the only thing I did between the section editor not working correctly and it beginning to work correctly.

I had another instance of the backend editors displaying incorrectly. This time I just restarted FireFox and it went back to normal operation. I’m on 2.1 now.

I’ve been noticing some… Annoying caching tendencies in the more recent versions of Firefox of late, at least for Mac users. I’ve had JS plugins throwing errors due to using the wrong files and I’ve had clients submit bug reports when the HTML was updated but the CSS hadn’t been recached properly.

I wouldn’t be at all surprised to find this was your issue.