Search

Formatting Comments / Security Issues & Best Practices

The content is not really complete at all, but its a good topic

Thanks Jonas!

(This thread is very therapeutic.)

For extension developers it should be advised that the Git repo name matches the extension name. See here for an example where the github repo name has a verbose name and the cloned directory needs renaming before the extension will work. So that note should go into both “extension development” docs and “working with git(hub)” docs.

Thanks Nick. I’ll make a note of that in our list for Andrew (he’s going to start work on the developer’s docs soon.)

Nifty little example of using XSLT keys.

And another example used for language label selection.

Maybe something about the content folder in extensions?

That’s something the current documentation is completely blank on. (Maybe it’s my search capabilities, but I can’t find anything on the forum either)

@creativedutchmen: Extension File Structure ;)

Craig, I didn’t know that this page exists: the documentation needs to be more visible in the forum …

Craig, I have seen that part of the docs, but you will to admit it is not really helpful. All it does is give a hint on how to name the files, not on how to use those files to actually create a page.

Thanks for clearing it up in this post though!

• More on namespaces and Dynamic XML Data Sources specifically a request for tutorials on specific feeds (which would be useful learning material). Common XML sources that crop up are generally Flickr/Delicious/Twitter feeds containing Atom namespaces

The Say Hello To Symphony tutorial deals with a Twitter feed’s Atom namespace issue in step 8. Rather than a set of tutorials on this one topic, maybe a generalized article (with code samples from Flickr?/Delicious/Twitter) discussing the issue would be more useful?

Just a side note to whomever wrote the Say Hello To Symphony tutorial. Awesome work! I’ve never come across a tutorial for a CMF/CMS that is that easy to follow and understand.

I usually skip introductory tuts for the very reason that they are usually awful, but decided I’d give this a whack. I’m glad I did. :-)

That was Craig (a.k.a. czheng). He is very cool.

Thank you, Michael. Your check is in the mail ;)

And thank you, too, Aalandriel. I’m glad you found it helpful. Hopefully I’ll find time to write more of them.