Search

Is it possible to localize the names of the section fields in the backend? Basically it becomes a bit weird having sections and their fields with english names, but allow authors to choose i.e. norwegian as their preferred language making everything but the sections in norwegian.

Haven’t found any other related discussions, and my cursory look through the code makes me think it’d require a hack in core classes?

No, this is currently not possible.

Even if it were possible, it wouldn’t be advisable (in my opinion). A name is a name, if you have different versions, would that not cause problems for the XML output and handles etc? Where would it lead to? Different XSL for each localisation?

Only the displayed Field Name would be translated, not the handle, so the XML output is always the same. The same for Sections.

@designermonkey: Like @klaftertief says. It would probably be solved by simply using the __() function when creating the output for displaying forms and lists in the backend. Would also need to support a ‘lang’ folder in the workspace directory, since translations of sections is specific to the current workspace.

Doesn’t seem like a very complex feature, since it builds on already established things like __() and ‘lang’ directories. Anyone other than me see this as useful?

Anyone other than me see this as useful?

This would be really great!

+1 !