Search

A new extension, “Tracker” is now available for download. Comments and feedback can be left here but if you discover any issues, please post it on the issue tracker.

Way cool. Love it. Will try installing it soon.

This is really really helpful. Thanks

I installed this on a test server this morning and it worked beautifully. I think this could be really helpful as an admin when I don’t know what other content editors are doing all the time on the website. Thanks for working on this Craig!

Glad to hear you didn’t have any problems :)

Tracker updated to version 0.9.1 on 9th of August 2010

• Silently ignore unknown activities (i.e. from other extensions). This is a temporary solution until I devise a plan for allowing extensions to use Tracker to log and display their activities.

This is a temporary solution until I devise a plan for allowing extensions to use Tracker to log and display their activities.

You could provide a delegate that other extensions subscribe to. In fact your own extension could subscribe to its own delegate, thereby getting fat eating its own dog food.

You could provide a delegate that other extensions subscribe to

Yeah, that’s the plan. Just have to find some time to think it through.

I’ve not had the time to test this extension (which seems to be really great) so I have a question: Does the extension or could the extension provide the site activities as feed?

Provides a data source for accessing Entry-related tracker activity from the front end.

Does the extension or could the extension provide the site activities as feed?

It provides a data source. Right now, the DS only fetches entry-related activities, but you can copy and customize that to get one that returns everything, and then use that to build a feed on your front end.

There are some simple steps (which I’m sure you already know) outlined in the README for copying the DS to your workspace and customizing it. To get it to return all activity:

First, comment out lines 52-57, lines 78-82, and lines 90-95. That’ll get rid of the entry-specific bits. Then, you’ll probably want it to return full activity descriptions (like those used in the backend) instead of just returning granular data, so add the following code at line 112:

// Append activity description
$description = Tracker::getDescription($activity);
$item->appendChild(
    new XMLElement('description', $description)
);

Voila. The DS will now return all activity with HTML descriptions. You can adjust the sorting and limiting params at the top of the DS file. If you want to do custom filtering, you just build out the filter array (line 50-60 in your DS) using the guidelines in /lib/class.tracker.php, line 54.

Tracker updated to version 0.9.2 on 10th of August 2010

• Trim and sanitize an Entry’s primary field before using

Tracker updated to version 0.9.3 on 12th of August 2010

• Fix section description links (thanks Nick)

Tracker updated to version 0.9.4 on 1st of September 2010

• Basic Dashboard panel (courtesy of Nick Dunn)
  • DS update to improve ‘chainability’. Instead of outputting a single param with all the IDs, it outputs a param for each section reflected in the results, in the form of $ds-tracker-activity-{ID}. This way you can have dependent, section-specific DSes require that param, and save yourself the query time if it doesn’t exist.

Tracker updated to version 0.9.5 on 6th of September 2010

• Localization improvements and German translation, courtesy of Nils Werner (phoque)

I went with the cute boyscout-ish term “Fährtenleser” in the German translation. I’ve found the other terms like “Blaupausen” to be very grafic and thought it would be a nice fit. If any of the German speaking members have a better idea, please share it! :-D

I like it. “Fahrtenschreiber” would be a possibility, too.

If it must fit to “Blaupausen” (does it?), I prefer the term “Fahrtenschreiber”.

On the one hand “Fährtenleser” does have an Umlaut, but on the other hand “Fahrtenschreiber” suits better because the extension writes down the history of activities. What about “Protokoll”?

Thanks nick for pointing out that this discussion is happening here and not on github ;-)

Alright so “Fährtenleser” is out because it relates to reading but the Tracker actually writes down the History. “Fahrtenschreiber” would be ok, but I think this is a really playful translation. How about “Tätigkeitsprotokoll” or “Änderungsprotokoll”? My recommendation would be to use “Änderungsprotokoll” since it is close to changeset and that is actually what Tracker generates.