Search

Hi,

I’m trying to import a browser session as a Dynamic XML datasource (to show as the contents of a webcart). I quickly converted the session’s data into valid XML, which seems to work fine: xml

Strange thing is that everything I put into the XML shows up in the page output (a little test string like test for example), but all the XML generated inside a loop of session items does not.. even though it seems fine XML in the ouput to me?

Does anyone perhaps have any clue what this could be? Perhaps some clash with sessions and the Symphony system so it does not work?

The Dynamic XML datasource has ‘/’ for included elements and a Update cache of 1 minute.

Are you sure it has nothing to do with your XSLT?

There is no XSLT involved yet, I’m just looking at the ?debug output of a page. The dynamic XML should be fully (not just parts of it) in there seeing that the XML is valid?

Symphony uses a different session handler than the standard php session handler. That could be causing some of the problems. Have you tried print_r’ing the session data?

An easier way to deal with this might be to add the data to the param pool. That way you can also filter on them using datasources.

Ah ok, that could be it, thanks. How could I best add the session data to the param pool?

I could also do an ajax approach reading out the session data as json and build the DOM, but hey ;)

How could I best add the session data to the param pool?

I believe there is a delegate for that.

Ah, even better: http://getsymphony.com/discuss/thread/629/#position-9