Search

A new extension, "Show/Hide Fields" is now available for download. Comments and feedback can be left here but if you discover any issues, please post it on the issue tracker.

As a sidenote: I will probably remove the “Expand/Collapse all” button at the bottom of the duplicator, as it might be accidentally clicked in place of “Save changes”. Do you confirm this behaviour?

In my opinion, extensions like this should be included in core as soon as possible. This is the kind of extension which is always good to have up and running. Great work!

Simone, can you explain the difference to the Collapse Sectionfields extension?

Simone, can you explain the difference to the Collapse Sectionfields extension?

I’m very sorry, I didn’t know there already was an extension providing that kind of feature. As far as I can tell, after a quick look at Collapse Sectionfields, is that:

• Show/Hide Fields lets you expand/collapse a single field, while Collapse Sectionfields cannot
  • Collapse Sectionfields lets you see the label of each field in collapse mode, while Show/Hide Fields cannot

I also wanted to make buttons and colours look the same as Symphony’s, in order to keep the UI consistent. Nothing else.

However, that’s not the point. I will contact Carsten and see if we can merge our works into one single extensions, as it seems silly to me to have two extensions here doing the same thing.

Sorry again for the oversight, I usually look around and see if someone already solved my problem, but this time I just missed it.

In my opinion, extensions like this should be included in core as soon as possible. This is the kind of extension which is always good to have up and running. Great work!

Thank you! :) This topic was discussed long time ago and I think like you that it should be a core functionality. Maybe there might be some room for it in Symphony 2.2

Thanks for the explanations, eKoeS. Merging these two extensions might indeed be a good idea (as long as this functionality is not included in the Symphony core).

I know this is bumping the post, but I was just wondering if there has been any merging done? I like being able to individually collapse fields, but it would be extremely handy to display the title of the field when it’s collapsed!

Cheers!

We were discussing this in the UX Working Group only ten minutes ago :-) We are addressing this as a core feature in Symphony 2.2.

Edit: Ops, Nick’s been faster… ;)

Hi Mark,

as it happens, the UX working group is currently working on a expand/collapse system that will be part of the core features since Symphony 2.2. Together with the ability to manipulate single fields, you’ll be able to see their title while collapsed. :)

Brilliant stuff! Now to wait for Symphony 2.2 - hopefully it we will see that soon!

Show/Hide Fields updated to version 0.1.1 on 1st of November 2010

• German localization (thanks phoque!)

Since Symphony 2.2 already provides a collapsible duplicator —thus making this extension useless — is it possible to remove it from the gallery, while preserving this thread?

As of 2.2.0, collapsible fields became a core feature. For this reason, this extension is now considered deprecated. Authors using it are highly encouraged to update their websites to a recent version of Symphony.