Search

I was just poking around in the preferences for my site, and I noticed that backslashes are displaying as the yen symbol.

After a quick google, it looks like the issue is the Meiryo font being used. Apparently this is a long standing issue with certain fonts.

It’s not a showstopper by any means, but if this font could be removed or substituted in the stylesheet it would prevent this issue.

I believe I’m on 2.1 although my config file shows 2.08RC3.

I believe I’m on 2.1 although my config file shows 2.08RC3.

Slightly off-topic: have you ran the update.php file?

My bad, I’m on 2.08RC3, I think I’ve held off from 2.1 because of a bunch of issues I’ve read about here on the forum.

I’m getting this as well. Was there a solution for this? I’m on 2.1.1.

I ultimately just went into the CSS file and removed the reference to the “Meiryo” font. I think it was at the very top (probably the body selector) of whichever is the main CSS file, I can’t remember the file name.

Wouldn’t it suffice to simply add

input {
   font-family: Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;
}

to the stylesheet?

I’m sure there are several ways to fix this by tweaking the stylesheet, but I chose to remove the reference to that particular font after doing some research and realising that it has given many people a lot of trouble before I ran into it.

Either way it’s not a showstopper!

Me and a colleague of mine have this same problem.

We’re running Symphony 2.1.2 on Windows 7 and all major browsers are showing Yen symbols instead of backslashes. Removing the font ‘Meiryo’ from the stylesheet fixes this problem indeed (basic.css: line 5).

Should this be filed as a bug?