Search

It sounds like you have an incompatible field in your section. Does it work on other sections? If so, please let me know what fields you have in the broken section. If it is urgent, you should be able to disable Publish Filtering for the one section by un-ticking the checkbox in the section editor.

Hi Nick. I'm getting this error on a brand new 2.2.5 install:

Fatal error: Class extension_publish_tabs contains 1 abstract method and must therefore be declared abstract or implement the remaining methods (Extension::about) in /srv/www/dev5.eyes-down.net/public_html/extensions/publish_tabs/extension.driver.php on line 67

I get the same error when order entries is installed. All other extensions work fine. Any ideas what could be causing this? Thanks

Most of my extensions have been updated to work with Symphony 2.3 (see Version history) so make sure you are using the version that is compatible with Symphony 2.2.x (version 1.0.2).

Aaah. Thanks. I should have known you'd be at least a step ahead. Sorted now

Does anyone know of a way to link to a specific tab through the URL?

Is anyone running into some issues with Publish Tabs extension on Symphony 2.3.3. I have an issue where certain fields don't show up? If I view source, I see that the html created for my textarea field or checkbox field or subsectionmanager field is there, but when I view the page, it doesn't show up. So it must be a CSS or Javascript issue.

Have any of y'all run across this issue????

HELP!

Here's a new one... Parenthesis Tabs.

@jensscherbl - Interesting! Have you been using this? If so, how has it been working? Does work with any field?

Yeah, I'm using this. Had some problems with certain field types at first, but Nils pushed various fixes in the meantime. Not sure if there are any remaining issues at the moment (I'm using my own fork from an earlier version), but it's definitely the way to go, since Publish Tabs is no longer actively maintained and Parenthesis Tabs has a much better approach (in my opinion).

@jensscherbl - I'm having problems with getting Parenthesis Tabs to work with HTML Panel Field, it ignores the parenthesis. Also, any of the map related fields (Address Location, Geocoding, or Map Location Field) - they show up on every tab.

Have you run across that issue?

Have you run across that issue?

Not yet, since I only use core fields with this extension at the moment.

But I looked into it and found the problem.

All core fields use label-elements for field labels, so Parenthesis Tabs looks for label elements. The field types you mentioned don't follow this core pattern (some use span-elements, others use p-elements, etc.) and need to be updated in order to work with Parenthesis Tabs.

Feature request: link to tabs with #tab-name

I also see there are a ton of pull requests to this extension. Are any of these worth using?

You can set a tab by using the get parameter ?publish-tab=10, where '10' is the class of the tab.
This doesn't seem to work in the master branch so i fixed that in this branch and send a pull request. I also added the ability to remember the tab status by a cookie which i find quite handy...

Cool I'll check that out. It would be cool if the window location URL also changed with the tabs. I believe this could be achieved with just javascript

Am I crazy or did this extension used to show which tabs had errors when saving?

It should display colored feedback:

Tab #1 (active, error) - color: normal
Tab #2 (error) - color: red
Tab #3 (clean) - color: normal

My tabs aren’t doing this. I get the yellow bar at top saying there were errors. The tab with the error (required field not filled out) is #2. Color: normal.

Publish Tabs aren't working for me at all in 2.3.3. None of my fields are displayed and the last tab is red with an exclamation mark after the title. Clicking on tabs just adds more exclamation marks.

This was working in 2.3.1. Do I need to do anything special to get it working in the latest version of Symphony?

To sum up, it looks like the last release 1.1.2 is all right (but with no colors as @Pat describes), and the current master is not (as @pauldice describes).

@pauldice, you can download the 1.1.2 tag version to get along for now.

Checked out the version tagged 1.1.2 and it's looking good. Thanks for the tip, @juro.

I'm not sure how the master branch code is supposed to work. The function that sets up the class names for the tabs (showTabs() from /assets/publish_tabs.publish.js) isn't being called any more.