Search

I agree with Scott. Of course things should be translated, but key items should be translated as close to the terms as possible, making it easier to understand the documentation or forum threads.

That would make it the "old-fashioned blue-line print" connotation

@Skubidu: This makes your first translation of "Blueprints" ("Blaupausen") the best.

I agree with Scott. Of course things should be translated, but key items should be translated as close to the terms as possible, making it easier to understand the documentation or forum threads.

I also agree with that, but this does not solve the problem Lewis pointed out. Think of the translation of "sections" and let's suppose "Bereiche" would be the only and direct German translation. There is obviously no connection between the to words for anybody who doesn't speak English.

Support will be harder due to that but this should not change the plans of a fully translatable interface.

I've been working on the translation of Textpattern for a while. We created a table in the Wiki with the German and the corresponding English translation of all essential strings - that helped figuring out translation problems.

Skubidu, I'm not sure we are on the same page. I believe internationalized copies of Symphony should be equivalent: this includes navigation, key terms etc. If a language does not have an equivalent then it should be the next best option.

Support across languages is inherently difficult. I just don't see a need to add to the complication.

Lewis, I think I misunderstood your previous post. Case closed :)

Once the time is right to start working on internationalisation, will there be a guide to walk you through it? Cause I'm not really familiar with the concept, but I'd love to give something back to you guys by supplying you with a swedish translation.

Thanks for the help. :) Ideally, translators will just need to edit a dictionary file, replacing all the English strings with their translations, but we'll definitely include a guide for this.

We're still working on a "language stable" English version to make sure everything is correct in the native language before opening it up for translations, but this shouldn't be far off.

johandahlstrom: I'd be glad to help you with that.

Okay great, cause that sounds easy enough :). I'll just stay tuned and wait for your signal then.

@pertoyra: Perfect. Always good with a second opinion in cases where the choice of word is not obvious.