Search

Are you using the release or the development branch? I think it’s fixed in the latter.

Version 1.0.1, from the release branch. I haven’t quite got my head around git so have just downloaded from github as a zip.

Is there an isolated fix I could grab or would it be a case of replacing the release with the development branch? In which case could I just replace the subsection extension folder with the new version from github.

I shall tame the gitdragon one day :(

Took a gamble and installed from the development Branch, seems to have solved the problem.

Thanks Nils!

I’m finding that the labels for Reference Link and Select Box Link fields are not shown in subsection entries’ captions, whereas Text Input field lables are.

In my case, this makes it difficult for data enterers to quickly see what product specifications have already been entered. Any ideas on how to get them showing?

I can post screenshots of my sections/fields if that doesn’t make sense already. Thanks!

I’m currently working on updates for this extension and I’m thinking about changing a general concept: auto-collapsing of the inline editor in the selection list when clicking anywhere else in the interface. So it’s either:

1. Keep the current behaviour and always collapse the inline editor when clicking anywhere else. This allows only on editor at a time.
  2. Change the current behaviour and remove auto-collapsing which allows parallel editing of items. The editor will only collapse if the item is clicked again.

Votes?

I can imagine multiple inline editors being useful.

With nested Subsection Managers, will the parent iframe be made tall enough to contain its child Subsection Managers?

Subsection Manager 1.1beta

With the release of Symphony 2.2 only a short time ahead, it’s time for a few updates of the Subsection Manager codebase, too. Over the last weeks I have been working on improving the JavaScript implementation and I’ve been fixing bugs that have been outstanding for a while. Stage — the submodule that bundles the main interface components — has been completely overhauled. Now it’s time to test it, find bugs and improve things.

I’d like to invite all experienced users to check out Subsection Manager 1.1beta. Please note: This really is a beta — it’s certainly buggy and it should not be used in live environments!
If you are new to Symphony or if you are not experienced in working with Symphony’s integration branch: please just wait a few weeks for the final release. Thanks!

Trying it out

This is what you need to do:

If you find bugs, please report them on GitHub.

These are the most important changes:

• The submodule Draggable has been removed in favour of Symphony’s orderable plugin.
  • It is now possible to specify a custom drop text which is used instead of the default Markdown or Textile syntax.
  • Drag and drop has been improved.
  • Single selection mode has been improved.
  • Relation fields like Selectbox Link are now recognised when used in captions.
  • The hidden select box used as storage now only contains selected items to avoid possible performance issues.
  • It is now possible to open multiple inline editors at once — due to this change the inline editors won’t close automatically anymore. Just click the item again to close it.
  • When hitting enter in any input field, Symphony will now correctly submit the form and not open the first Subsection Manager queue.
  • Many more minor tweaks to the codebase and the interface.

I notice that, unlike the Select Box Link, I can’t select the current section as the source.

Is there any reason?

Hm, I guess I thought that wasn’t needed. But this shouldn’t be a new limitation of the beta. It would be easy to fix.

I’ve not tested in the beta yet, this is with the normal release.

It would be easy to fix.

Good to hear… ;o)

@Nils Have you considered writing the section associations into the sym_sections_association-table to be able to support the “Include a count of entries in associated sections” of Data Sources like the Select Box Link does? This way you could get just the count of the related entries without selecting the SSM field and getting the whole data of the related entry.

Edit: I just read that you thought about it. Maybe I’m able to wrap my head around it and implement it. Could this got then into 1.1?

I think Nils removed this because Symphony would add the count column to publish tables automatically, and this was not desired behaviour for Subsection Manager. But with Symphony 2.2 I think this column is now optional, so a Select Box Link gives the developer the option to display the column in the backend or not.

I’m having a bit of an issue getting data from the {$author} field to show up in the captions in the subsection manager. Everything else is showing up fine, including date, filename, etc, but for some reason no author. Tried renaming it and also creating a duplicate field, and using that, both with no luck. The field is showing the data correctly in the entry view.

Anybody else had this problem? Am I oblivious to something?

Attachments:
Screen shot 2011-01-19 at 1.25.00 PM.png

Is anyone else having an issue in Symphony 2.2 beta 3 where including SSM in your datasource causes a blank page on your website?

Yes, I saw someone flagged this on the issue tracker so Nils will be aware of it.

Symphony 2.2beta Compatibility

Just a short note for those testing Symphony 2.2beta: The current release of Subsection Manager (version 1.0) is not compatible with this Symphony version!

If you like to test Symphony 2.2beta with Subsection Manager, please update to the latest beta2 of this extensions: https://github.com/nilshoerrmann/subsectionmanager/tree/experimental
Make sure you updated the bundled Stage submodule as well (it should point to its experimental branch).

Please be aware that both betas are not supposed to be used on live websites.

Subsection Manager 1.1beta3

Another beta that cleans up the styles which should now work in all major browsers. Furthermore the search interface has been improved:

Search

It would be be nice if you could report bugs on GitHub. I’m interested in a few things:

• Are there any styling issues?
  • Are there any broken things in the data source handling?
  • Are there any wishes related to the table display in the publish overview?

https://github.com/nilshoerrmann/subsectionmanager/tree/experimental

Please note that this version only works in Symphony 2.2beta4.
Thanks for testing!

Attachments:
sym_subsectionsearch.png

Call for translations

If no serious bugs will be found, I plan to release Subsection Manager 1.1 next week. In this context I would be happy to bundle more language files with this extension. If you like to provide one, please post in this thread and send a pull request with your translation based on the experimental branch.

Currently available languages:

• English
  • German
  • Italian* (thanks Simone!)
  • Romanian (thanks Vlad!)

Thanks for your help!
Nils

* needs updating for SSM 1.1

Hm, did I forget to send a pull request with the norwegian translation? Woops! I’ll test the 1.1 release candidate, update my norwegian translation and get the pull request up :)

In this context I would be happy to bundle more language files with this extension. If you like to provide one, please post in this thread and send a pull request with your translation based on the experimental branch.

I can’t get the experimental branch on my computer … Don’t know how to manage more branches local and remote. It always cloned the master branch from vlad-ghita/subsectionmanager instead of the experimental one.

Any suggestions please?

Fork the repo -> clone to local -> add translation -> push local to experimental -> pull request

I would really like to attach the romanian translation.