Search

I now have a new technical blog called Tech Stuff.

A few weeks ago we had a discussion here about setting up a “how to” category for this forum. Some were for it and some were not. Someone suggested that we should post our how-to articles on our own site. That is what I plan to do on my new site.

I understand that the development team considers v3.0.0 to be unstable, but I’ve been working with it for about three weeks now and it seems to be quite stable for my purposes. I’m not using any extensions beyond those installed by default. I did fail to get the login event to work so I set up a simple workaround. I’m relying heavily on custom data sources because grouping is not yet implemented and because I’m more comfortable with PHP than with XSLT.

I started with the Piano Sonata ensemble but made several changes. I was able to do this with little difficulty.

Take a look and let me know what you think of it.

Your new site looks great.

Is 1100px the default width of that ensemble? Seems pretty wide, but then again, if you are targeting a tech audience, you can probably count on wide monitors.

I would suggest re-styling the comment forms to better match the design of the rest of the site, but fine work besides that.

It is a 1080. Yes, the comment form is a carry-over from another site. It needs to be redone.

Nice work, @wisolman. And thanks for mentioning DesignProjectX :-)

You’re quite welcome. I want to gather links to all Symphonians whose sites are technical in nature and especially those focused on Symphony. Anyone, feel free to leave your link in a comment at my site.

Nice @wisolman, always interesting for me to discover more Symphony resources.

One thing I noticed, though, is that your RSS feed seems broken. http://tech.carsonsasser.com/rss/ results in a Symphony error:

Argument 1 passed to FrontendPageNotFoundException::__construct() must be an instance of View, string given, called in /home4/carsonsa/public_html/tech/symphony/lib/class.frontend.php on line 216...

@wisolman, this looks good. We’re planning to make some changes to the Symphony site that will allow the community to better contribute to the docs — stay tuned.

@davidhund - It’s not just broken; it doesn’t exist yet. It’s on my to-do list.

@wisolman :-)