Search

A new XSLT utility, “Piwik Analytics” is now available for download. Comments and feedback can be left here but if you discover any issues, please post it on the issue tracker.

May I ask your personal reasons on choosing piwik?
You need the data on your site, and googles api doesnt provide that? or just beacuse it’s cool? GA is free so …

Ever worked with mint or woopra or reinvigorate or other alternatives?

May I ask your personal reasons on choosing piwik? You need the data on your site, and googles api doesnt provide that? or just beacuse it’s cool? GA is free so …

Two points:

• It is a legal issue. (transferring private data to third parties)
  • Google is a “data octopus“.

Although I understand the need to share data across the net, I still don’t feel comfortable letting Google have everything…

But that aside, I like to have all the data to hand stored on my own servers (it’s a control thing), plus the severe lack of real understandable docs for Google products (and limited Goal tracking without complicated effort). Google have recently messed with the Keyword Tool to the annoyance of many, so I want something I know I can rely on… You never know the day that they decide to stop serving it!

I looked at mint before, very good, I don’t know why I chose Piwik in the end, just chose one!

Piwik Analytics updated to version 1.1 on 18th of October 2010

Hello, I'm not able to get this utility working, but I'm sure that I'm doing something wrong.

I've added I've attached my piwik-tracking.xsl file below.

Do you have any idea what I'm doing wrong? Thanks!

Attachments:
piwik-tracking.xsl

I can't see anything wrong straight away.

What problem are you having?

It doesn't seem to be tracking on my Piwik install. I don't notice the browser attempting to connect to analytics.mydomain.com when I visit the Symphony blog either.

Well, like I said, the tracking xsl is correct, so unless I can see how you've implemented it, I can't help you.

How have you attached it to your pages? How are you calling it?

I've added <xsl:import href="../utilities/piwik-tracking.xsl"/> to every page visible in Blueprints > Pages, clicking the page, Edit Template, and placing that line where the other imports are. The file "piwik-tracking.xsl" is lit up blue on the side as it should be. I've cleared the cache in my browser, too, so I'm fairly certain that's not the issue.

But do you actually call the template anywhere in your master template or similar to create the ´script`-element in your HTML. Like

<xsl:call-template name="piwik-analytics">
    <xsl:with-param name="piwik-url" select="'yoursite.com/piwik/'" />
    <xsl:with-param name="page-not-url" select="true()" />
    <xsl:with-param name="page-name">
        "<xsl:value-of select="$current-page" />"
    </xsl:with-param>
</xsl:call-template>

in your head?

That was my next point... ;o)

I just added the following to master.xsl:

<xsl:call-template name="piwik-tracking">
<xsl:with-param name="piwik-url" select="'analytics.mydomain.com'" />
<xsl:with-param name="page-not-url" select="true()" />
<xsl:with-param name="page-name">
    "<xsl:value-of select="$current-page" />"
</xsl:with-param>
</xsl:call-template>

but it's still not updating in Piwik. I added that code in the <head> section after <html>. That is the correct location, right? Thanks.

@designermonkey

[a little off topic, not related to the utility, but to Piwik integration]

John, have you managed to make API calls, with a data source pulling the data from a custom dynamic xml?

I want to add dynamic portions in the url, but the xml returns an error, unless I hard code everything...

I haven't integrated Piwik, sorry.