Search

A new extension, “Events, Datasources & Utilities Indexes” is now available for download. Comments and feedback can be left here but if you discover any issues, please post it on the issue tracker.

Based on Rowan Lewis’ Data Sources Index, this extension covers pretty much everything requested in this thread.

w00t! Thanks eKoeS, this will go next to Globals and File Manager as a standard for my installs.

Events, Datasources & Utilities Indexes updated to version 0.2 on 10th of December 2010

There’s no way to customize the “View all datasources/events/utilities” links (they will always take you to the “Components” page)

There’s no way to remove the “Components” item from the “Blueprints” menu (DOMDocument doesn’t seem that safe here).

These have all been fixed with a proper use of NavigationPreRender (thanks, Nick) and AdminPagePreGenerate. Furthermore, the extension is now able to redirect you to the correct index page after deleting a resource (i.e. datasource, event or utility).

Events, Datasources & Utilities Indexes updated to version 03 on 11th of December 2010

Added the ability to sort Datasources and Events by Name, Source or Author.

Events, Datasources & Utilities Indexes updated to version 0.4 alpha on 21st of December 2010

It is now possible to filter the results by name, source, pages and author. There’s no limit on the number of filters.

Attachments:
schermata.png

Very handy!

Thank you Marco :)

I have to say filtering is still in alpha. I’d like to add some features such as instant search, autocompletion, filters reordering and so on before considering it complete.

That looks cool!

Events, Datasources & Utilities Indexes updated to version 0.4.1 on 23rd of December 2010

• You can now expand/collapse the filters panel;
  • Added a new mode “empty” to find results that have an empty field (this is useful to get a list of unused datasources, for example).

Events, Datasources & Utilities Indexes updated to version 0.4.2 on 23rd of December 2010

Events, Datasources & Utilities Indexes updated to version 0.4.3 on 24th of December 2010

Events, Datasources & Utilities Indexes updated to version 0.4.4 on 25th of December 2010

With the addition of AJAX it is now possible to get a list of existing Sections and Pages when the filter mode is set to “equals”. This makes the formulation of queries a bit quicker and easier. The UI has been designed to be usable and catchy at the same time. Try it out!

Merry Christmas!

Attachments:
Schermata-1.png

Great work on this, I think it will become a default installation, very handy!

I have an issue. I have extensions installed that provide events and datasources, which without the eudi, lets me view any documentation for how to implement them. The edui is not allowing me to view the documentation of these events and datasources.

Great extension though!

Fixed it, will send you a pull request on GitHub…

Thanks John! I’ve pushed your changes :)

Events, Datasources & Utilities Indexes updated to version 0.4.5 on 27th of December 2010

Includes designermonkey’s changes and some bugfixes.

Sooper!

Events, Datasources & Utilities Indexes updated to version 0.5 on 29th of December 2010

Starting from 0.5, it is possible to link/unlink datasource and events to a desired page through the With Selected menu.

alt text

Attachments:
2010-12-29-201122_1280x1024_scrot.png

How about “All pages”? Could that eliminate the need for the Global Resource Loader extension?