Search

Just tried to save a datasource and got the following error:

( ! ) Fatal error: Call to a member function getChildren() on a non-object in /Users/johnporter/Projects/Websites/Open Book Publishers/assets.openbookpublishers.com/httpdocs/extensions/edui/extension.driver.php on line 85
Call Stack
#   Time    Memory  Function    Location
1   0.0006  346916  {main}( )   ../index.php:0
2   0.0310  2250808 Administration->display( )  ../index.php:25
3   0.0455  3724392 ExtensionManager->notifyMembers( )  ../class.administration.php:387
4   0.0478  3889776 extension_edui->setRedirects( ) ../class.extensionmanager.php:566

But then it worked the second time...

That's strange. Is it the first time it happens?

It's only ever happened once, I can't actually repeat the error. If it happens again, I'll report it, but I wouldn't worry about it for now...

am getting this while enabling this extension

Fatal error: Call to a member function get() on a non-object in /opt/lampp/htdocs/myproject/extensions/edui/content/content.events.php on line 123

I would love to see drag and drop ordering on these indexes, it would make life so much easier with loads of datasources!

drag and drop ordering on these indexes

Drag and drop in Symphony implies the order means something, rather than purely visual. For example re-order Pages, and they change order in your navigation data source XML. Re-order entries (using Order Entries extension) and they change order in section data source XML. Re-ordering events and data sources doesn't make sense to me, unless they change the execution order when attached to a page.

Do you see yourself wanting to move data sources that you edit regularly to the top of the list? I've found that naming utilities consistently groups them nicely in the alphabetical list.

Yeah, that was the gist of it. I have a load of Importer datasources prefixed with, you guessed it, Importer, which are rarely used, and I wanted to avoid prefixing others to save on typing it out in XSL

I've always tried to follow the prefixing thing, just thought it may be possible to do it for visual purposes, and therefore avoid it.

Oh, and I never knew that about the pages reordering. Does anywhere explain this stuff?

@jeeva: Looks like your Symphony copy is not up-to-date...

I have a load of Importer datasources prefixed with, you guessed it, Importer, which are rarely used, and I wanted to avoid prefixing others to save on typing it out in XSL

That's interesting, I'm thinking of a new sorting mode "Priority" for such a scenario. Mhhh...

my instance of the latest edui (0.5.2) fails with 404 trying to load: /extensions/edui/assets/jquery.sb.min.js/ . What does it mean?

I removed that dependency so as to make the extension compatible with Better Forms. The only problem is that I forgot to remove the addScriptToHead calls! ;)

Doh!

Please post any future issue/suggestion on GitHub's issue tracker.

Events, Datasources and Utilities Indexes updated to version 0.6.0 on 22nd of July 2011

• Multilanguage support (by Nitriques).
  • With Selected menu now prints pages hierarchy (by Nitriques).
  • New sorting mode: Release Date.

You can also have a look at the experimental branch (always by Nitriques) if you need Datasources/Events pinning.

I get a error when tying to access the datasources link:

Invalid argument supplied for foreach()

An error occurred in E:WEBServidorwampwwwTwinextensionseduilibclass.pagemanager.php around line 55

54:   private function buildFlatView($path, $pages, &$results) {
55:             foreach($pages as $page) {
56:                 $label = ($path == NULL) ? $page['title'] : $path . ' / ' . $page['title'];
57:
58:                 $results[] = array(
59:                     'id' => $page['id'], 

Thanks for reporting that. Do you have Page LHandles and Language Redirect enabled? It looks like $pages is either NULL or not an array, which is wrong in both cases.

Events, Datasources and Utilities Indexes updated to version 0.6.1 on 31st of July 2011

• A couple of bugfixes...
  • If an event/datasource is provided by an extension, the extension name is displayed under Source (thanks, Nils!)

New sorting mode: Release Date.

Woohoo! Thanks for a great extension @eKoeS, can't wait to see parts of it integrated!

EDIT: the experimental branch works

The sub pages in the events section dont show up in the drop down so I cannot add to all.

They do show up in the data source section though.