Search

Good morning everyone, I’m having trouble with the maximum allowed upload size, set up to 10MB (10485760bytes), however when I try to upload does not allow that and says the maximum size of transmission is 2MB. I am using Symphony 2.1.2.

Appreciate any help!

One of the two, probably. You can change those values in your .htaccess.

Thanks for the reply alpacaaa, I did like you told me, add in .htaccess:

php_value upload_max_filesize 20M
php_value post_max_size 20M

But still not working.

This could be a problem in php.ini setting? Maybe host support can fix this.

If you need more than 5 MB, you may have to change the following setting in /manifest/config.php:

'max_upload_size' => '5242880',

I understand, but as I said, this value was already defined and also doubled. I contacted the server support and I change the php.ini, but still not working.

recapitulating, in config.php I put 10mb (in bytes), in .htaccess file and php.ini I add/change:

php_value upload_max_filesize 10M
php_value post_max_size 10M

I tried to send a 3MB file and the error it gives is that the maximum allowed is 2MB.

Could be some problem with version Symphony 2.1.2? This occurred even in localhost. Anyway I’ll test in another server…

Sorry, I didn’t read your post properly. Now I have no idea what is going wrong — alpacaaa’s tips work for me (tested with Symphony 2.1.2).

I hope that somebody else has an idea.

What’s being reported as the upload limit in your param pool? Out of interest.

In Ubuntu Linux there are multiple php.ini files. If that is the case for your OS, are you sure that you changed the right one?

A php info file will tell you all of the above information, in your workspace folder create a file called info.php and put <?php phpinfo(); ?> inside, then access the file at http://yourwebsite.com/workspace/info.php.

This will tell you what php.ini is being used for php settings as well as the specific global and local values for all constants.

This problem occurred because of the specific workflow on this server (http://www.locaweb.com.br/). Technical support has released a file php.ini and then there was problem with file permissions. A rookie mistake on my part. Symphony works perfectly on other servers!

Next time I’ll keep my eyes on phpinfo().

Thank you very much for your attention.

Just as a side-note…
You can get the phpinfo() output by calling install.php with the info-parameter: install.php?info.

Just as a side note…

Why does Symphony have a setting to set the upload limit when it does a test within the core to choose the smallest number from either the config file or php.ini?

Seems like a redundant feature to me.

I’m not getting any errors reported back if the file is too large. Sure the page eventually doesn’t submit - but no errors that i can see! :( - have adjusted max file sizes in correct php.ini files etc. also symphony configs - but still no errors :( ie - the upload file size is working correctly - but no user feedback :(