Search

Hi there

Does anyone know, if it is possible to get shown the select box link field value of Section A in the subsection manager field of Section B?

I mean A section entry brief description in selected entried though Section B subsection manager field?

{$selectboxfield_name} won’t help!

Are you talking about making the values visible in the caption?

yep

Hm, how exactly would you like the select box link to be displayed? The problem is that select box link stores IDs so the data needs to be transformed somehow.

I need to get at least the same value as it shows up in child( that one with select box link) section. It is linked to the text box field: title of Section say Products.

I need to get title of Product displayed in subsection manager.

that’s it

Still not clear enough I guess.

Some more details:

I’ve got three sections: Products (Title), Orders(Subsection manager linked to OrderItems), OrderItems(Select box link to products, Text box field Quantity)

I need Product title and quantity displayed in subsection manager, but product in this case is selectbox link so for {$title} I get nothing

Hope it is more undestandable now.

Use a reflection field in your child section and use the value of that. Like Nils said, the select box link stores IDs not values, so without a load more coding in the Subsection Manager, it’s not possible to get the value linked to.

edit the reflection field can be hidden from the publish page, so it’s value isn’t visible, but the output should be useable in the SSM.

I dont mind coding )

But coding being aware where it is better to start saves time )) So if there are any coding ways they’re warmly welcome

Nils will know whether this is possible or not, I think it may be, but not 100% sure as it’s a call to yet another section.

Have you considered the HTML Panel field for providing an order summary? The README file documents how to use it for your very purpose.

It’s of course possible. Maybe it would be an idea to make use of the prepareTableValue() function for the caption generation of select box links.

If you like to dig into the code, have a look at /lib/class.subsectionmanager.php which parses the captions: https://github.com/nilshoerrmann/subsectionmanager/blob/release/lib/class.subsectionmanager.php#L183

to nickdunn: I do consider that ) this milestone is upcoming but in order to get things done I’ve been looking for maybe a standard decision or smth like that

to Nils:thnx, we’ll try to. I’ll raise more questions if somthing wont be that simple