Search

Firefox 2 on the Mac (10.4) looks pretty wonky too. PNG images don't seem to show up.

Attachments

Sometimes when revisiting a thread without any "new" content, you want to get to the last bit, not the first bit, especially in a long thread. Just a thought.

I agree, but to keep from cluttering up the interface, it would be nice to have a jump to end link in place of the "new" link when there is no new content.

I guess another possibility would simply be to make the text in the "Last Active" column be an anchor, which would take you to the last post rather than the first post?

David.

I've made more updates to the styles. Let me know if there are any style glitches. Thanks :)

Firefox 2 on the Mac (10.4) looks pretty wonky too. PNG images don't seem to show up.

I tested Firefox 2 on 10.4 and 10.5 and I don't see your problem.

I guess another possibility would simply be to make the text in the "Last Active" column be an anchor

Done.

I guess another possibility would simply be to make the text in the "Last Active" column be an anchor

Done.

Ah! Cunning! You made it the last column, rather than the "Last Active" column. That was a test, wasn't it? ;) Looks like the user info is looking good (again) on WinXP/FF2.0.0.12. Thanks!

David.

Originally the last post column linked to the last author's profile page which I really think is a strange behaviour -- why only the last author get the prime real-estate of the table view? Anyway, I think the new behaviour makes more sense to me.

Allen, the background images were being blocked by the Adblock Plus extension - even though I didn't include your site in my blacklist. Things look a lot better now. :-)

It looks like the overture21.com and beta.overture21.com are caught in the FiltersetG filter. :-( I added ascreenshot to show. (I'm using a PC today, at work.)

Next time, I'll be sure to turn off all extensions before I ever comment on browser bugs.

Attachments

No problems MrBlank :)

Here's my design bug: The comment form should assert that it uses the Markdown formatter (with a link to its syntax rules). Without this, commenters need privileged information to know how to format lists, code blocks, etc.

I must say I'm a little surprised that no one else has mentioned this by now. It's always a good practice to tell commenters what's happening to their comment. :)

I'm a little surprised that no one else has mentioned this by now.

Just shows you how well trained we are. :P

David.

Can you link the "x new" to the first of the new posts?

i.e. if there are 30 posts, the title takes you to the first post, the last takes you to the last post and the x new takes you to the first of the new items, e.g. post 24. The old overture forum did this when clicking the title.

Can you link the "x new" to the first of the new posts?

This would be really great. I find it confusing not to know where the first unread post is. (You have either to scroll up or down to search the last post you remember.)

one thing i really liked from the other forum was the ability to bookmark different thread. i found that extremely handy many times.

as well as being able to see the threads you started.