0 users online. Create an account or sign in to join them.Users

Search

hi guys, Can someone please tell me what could be the problem here? Still trying to grasp symphony and its internal works.

simplexml_load_string() [function.simplexml-load-string]: Entity: line 59: parser error : xmlParseEntityRef: no name
An error occurred in /var/www/html/web/extensions/extension.driver.php around line 139
134:         
135:         /**
136:          * Save datasource XML in the class for use by handleInternalLinks below.
137:          */
138:         public function captureXML($context) {
139:             extension_custom::$xml = simplexml_load_string($context['xml']);
140:         }
141:         
142:         /**
143:          * Finds and correctly formats internal page links, using the #page:123 syntax

Backtrace:
[:0] GenericErrorHandler::handler();
[/var/www/html/web-custom/extensions/custom/extension.driver.php:139] simplexml_load_string();
[/var/www/html/web-custom/symphony/lib/toolkit/class.extensionmanager.php:340] extension_custom->captureXML();
[/var/www/html/web-custom/symphony/lib/toolkit/class.frontendpage.php:77] ExtensionManager->notifyMembers();
[/var/www/html/web-custom/symphony/lib/core/class.frontend.php:50] FrontendPage->generate();
[/var/www/html/web-custom/index.php:25] Frontend->display();

Database Query Log:
SET NAMES 'utf8'; [0.0002]
SET CHARACTER SET 'utf8'; [0.0002]
SELECT SQL_NO_CACHE * FROM `sym_cache` WHERE `hash` = '_session_config' 

What are you trying to do here? Doesn’t Symphony use it’s own XMLElement Class? Not Simple XML.

simplexml_load_string($context['xml']);

So you’re manually parsing Symphony’s generated XML? First check that $context['xml'] is a string, not an XMLElement object. Second, is the XML it creates valid? Seems to me as though the XML has errors in it, perhaps an unencoded ampersand. Try pasting the XML into a validator and see the results.

Thanks Nick again for your input

Is there a way to force a way to get the XML? I cant really check since Im getting a number of errors. I noticed this in the symphony error log aswell. Is this related to my problem?

29 December 2010 17:05 WARNING: 2 - array_pop() [function.array-pop]: The argument should be an array in file /var/www/html/web-custom/extensions/custom/extension.driver.php on line 166

29 December 2010 17:05 WARNING: 2 - in_array() [function.in-array]: Wrong datatype for second argument in file /var/www/html/web-custom/symphony/lib/toolkit/data-sources/datasource.section.php on line 117

Thanks guys…you were right! It was a simple unencoded ampersand!

Thanks once again

Btw…to bypass the Symphony warning and force the xml, just add a @ in front of the simplexmlloadstring($context[‘xml’]) ;)

Have a great NYE!