Search

A new Extension, “Reference Link field” is now available for download. Comments and feedback can be left here but if you discover any issues, please post it on the issue tracker.

An extension of the Select Box Link field. Adds the option to use a jQuery-powered autocomplete input in place of the basic select box. A bit more is planned for future releases, so feel free to leave your input.

Get in on Github

Thanks to Makenosound for helping me get a few bugs ironed out :)

@czheng: When you get a chance I reckon you should look at implementing the Quicksilver ranking algorithm. Would make it that much sweeter.

Probably over my head, but I'll read up on it...

Have a look at this: warpspire.com/tipsresources/interface-scripting/select-autocompleter. It uses another JavaScript framework, but it may be helpful and is based on Quicksilver's algorithm. Quite easy to implement.

Cool, thanks.

Cool. Actually, John Resign, author of jQuery, has an updated version. Will aim to switch to this for v1.1.

John Resign is so cool.

I mean Resig. Lol.

You got it. Funny name and a really cool guy anyway. :-)

Breaks when using more than one autocomplete field in the same section. Looking into it.

Fixed. I hope ;)

http://github.com/czheng/referencelink/tree/master

Pre-populate is not working when field is set to both 'autocomplete input' and 'allow multiple selections'. Looking into it...

Is there a way to make Bi-Link field (http://symphony21.com/forum/discussions/792/1/) like reference link field?

Ummm... You'll have to be more specific than that.

I mean Bi-Link field with the same jquery-powered autocomplete feature :)

And I have another one question: how about ajax in referencelink feld?

You'd have to talk to Rowan about adding autocomplete to Bi-link. He might even do it, actually. He's gotten into the habit of making every extension I've created obsolete, so I see no reason why Reference Link wouldn't be next ;)

When you say AJAX, do you mean having the association created in place, without having to save the entry?