Search

Symphony 2.2 has been released. Announcement here.

Congrats on shipping! Looking forward to upgrading.

The forum is eerily quiet today, I hope it's because people are playing with Symphony 2.2!

I had a problem with installing Symphony 2.2 on my server due to PHP version conflict. (I run 5.2.0)

If you run Php version < 5.2.3 change in symphony/lib/toolkit/class.mysql.php on line 332:

mysql_set_charset($set, MySQL::$_connection['id']);

to:

mysql_query($set, MySQL::$_connection['id']);

The requirements at the bottom of this site says PHP 5.2, but if the above function requires 5.2.3 then either the requirements need to be increased, or this is a bug.

I've just got round to git pulling a local install of Symphony from 2.1.2 to 2.2 and it logged 632 separate commits.

Just to say, that's an awesome amount of work! And well done and thanks to everyone who worked on it!

The requirements at the bottom of this site says PHP 5.2, but if the above function requires 5.2.3 then either the requirements need to be increased, or this is a bug.

Yeah that's totally my oversight. I'd prefer the former, but I'll introduce a fix into 2.2.1 if that's not possible.

@cateye That actually won't do anything, mysql_query("SET NAMES " . $set, MySQL::$_connection['id']); will.

Fantastic work guys, I'm looking forward to taking this out for a test drive.

Just want to say how much I love some of these new UI elements. Collapsing Section fields is so useful. Really loving 2.2 guys, can't wait to see what the Members extension will bring. I can't thank you enough for all the hard work.

What's the status of Members extension?

Brendan is hard at work. Don't know timescales, but it's in active development.

I´m having a problem installing extentions, all the ones that i tryed so far gave me the same massege after i´ve uploaded the folder:

Fatal error: Class 'extensionnickdunn-orderentries' not found in /home/duhpcne/public_html/assistencia/symphony/lib/toolkit/class.extensionmanager.php on line 634

Does anyone knows what this means, and how to fix it?

Symphony has a strict naming scheme for extensions and it seems like the folder of your extension has the wrong name: it should be order_entries. If you downloaded your extensions from GitHub, make sure they are not prefixed with the GitHub user name of the developer and that they don't contain the version number and hash that GitHub automatically adds to the download packages.

That´s it, worked, thanks a lot.

Wow! I really need those shoes! What extension can auto-buy that for me? ;-)

Wow, those bastards are even using attachments now!