Search

While I'd love to go, flights from AU are 2k return (BNE-MUC) and considering the amount of time I'll be spending in Europe next year, I can't afford it at the moment :)

Looks like a jolly good showing though!

What a bummer! We would really like to see you at the "Sümposium" in Germany, Brendan.

So would I, it'd be great to put faces to names!

I'm in Europe July-Oct 2012, so maybe there will be another one then :)

I'm in Europe July-Oct 2012, so maybe there will be another one then :)

Where in Europe will you stay?

Brendan's Symphony European Roadshow.

I am looking at flights, and although not very expensive, it's from my own pocket this time, so I'd better start saving!

Brendan, if you're ever in the London area in 2012, it would be great to meet you!

Where in Europe will you stay?

Traveling around, I'll be there for the Olympics, then wouldn't mind hitting up a few of the music festivals and web conferences hopefully finishing off with Oktoberfest. A mixture of work and play really. UK, Scotland, Ireland, Germany, Italy, Spain, Morocco and Netherlands are all on the hit list.

Brendan, if you're ever in the London area in 2012, it would be great to meet you!

You too, like I said, it'd be great to put faces to names.

Italy

Come by and say hello to the little Italian community -- probably two or three people ;D

@ekoes maybe more than two looking here

Well, I suppose most of them aren't active members ;)

As I plan my flight and accommodations, it would be good to know what everyone else is thinking. In London, many of stayed at the same hotel. That made things pretty convenient. It would be great to plan my trip around the same time and maybe even figure in some additional plans for sightseeing, etc.

Does the German contingent have any hotel recommendations? Or are we still waiting to figure out a venue before making any definite plans?

Agreed, have any more plans been made about a venue? I'd be glad to stay at the same place or near other Symphonists, and would be good to get something definitive so we can prepare plane/train arrangements.

We are evaluating different venues at the moment but no decisions have been made so far. We'll keep you posted.

had to be a weekend that I have to go to a wedding, huh?

Here is a map with two possible venues. Klick. I marked the city centre as a rough guidance to look for hotels. Keep you posted.

Thanks, klaftertief! It'll be great if we could select a hotel where we can all stay.

I found that the city centre of Cologne is fairly compact compared to some other German cities. You can easily book a hotel a bit further away from the Cathedral or even outside the city centre and then walk or go by tube. Public transport is also quite good in Cologne. There are tubes, trams, and buses all over the place.

I found that HRS is generally a good starting point to look for hotels in Germany. They have really good offers and, if I remember correctly, you can book a hotel and then cancel it up to 24 hours before arrival free of charge. But why would anyone of us do that... :-)

I'm with Stephen. I'd love to stay at the same place as other attendees.

Yes, it would be great if we could stay in the same hotel. I hope that we can give a recommendation soon.

anybody couchsurfing?