Search

We will definitely miss you!

Is there any way the talks may get recorded? I think there are some very good ideas, even for people who are new to symphony that would be just perfect for the 'learn' section of this page.

I second recording!

Perhaps even streaming :)

I've been thinking about recording the sessions – streaming will overcomplicate things so I don't think that's an option. We'll post more on this when the event comes closer.

Re: streaming: even if you just threw a MacBook on a table and started a Google Hangout, that would be pretty great. Wish I could attend!

Recording would be great. I, too, wish I could attend!

@nickdunn looked lonely on lanyrd.com so I added myself there :) 300Euros to go on the Wonga front.. come one lets top it up so we can have some garlic stuffed olives is it! :)

I forgot about lanyrd.com. Definitely attending.

Does anyone own a digital camcorder that can record continuously for an hour or two? It would be great to get some or all of this recorded. Failing that, we could just record sound and release as podcasts.

I'm currently preparing a few things for (video) recording the weekend – more to come over the next weeks.

Got a few Flip HD's lying round the studio that might be useful.. multi angle Symposium edit bosh :)

Still pending approval, but looks like I'll be arriving late Thursday evening and returning Monday morning, so will have the full weekend :-)

218 Euros was the final Train cost for me Nick.. expect to be stung :) - 9:45 leave on Thursday morning..

Flight and hotel booked. Marco and I will share a room at AZIMUT Hotel. Concerning the arrival, we will be landing at the Cologne/Bonn airport. Does any of the Germans know which is the best way to reach the city from the airport? Must we book train tickets as well? Thanks in advance!

Does any of the Germans know which is the best way to reach the city from the airport? Must we book train tickets as well?

It's a 15min train ride from the airport to the main station. The line S 13 also stops at Köln Hansaring (on stop after the main station), which is where the AZIMUT Hotel is. There is no need to book a train ticket, just buy it at the airport.

All booked, waiting on train confirmation. I've never booked a euro train before and never had to wait for confirmation on the price... Lets hope it's not too much!

I will be staying in the Cologne Hostel as I have no money to speak of really, and at 40euros a night, who can argue!

Arriving Thursday evening on the same train as Nick Dunn, and leaving on Monday at 16:45 so I can spend some time wandering about with my camera, and anyone else who can put up with me for that long ;o) (Nils, Johanna and other Nils, I'm looking in your direction) I really can't wait for this now, it's been a long time since I was last in Germany!

Arriving Thursday evening on the same train as Nick Dunn

Oh great.

@klaftertief: Thanks!

@Nils I found www.erento.com which rents out items and there are quite a few video cameras ranging from Consumer to Pro models. Just putting it out there. I myself would like to see recordings and such after the fact. I may be attending, and if I do I will try and bring some video equipment.