Search

Hi all,

I've been using Symphony for a while now but mostly for fairly straightforward sites in terms of content hierarchy at least so I would still count myself a novice. I've found it fantastic so far, so thanks for all the hard work the community has put in.

I now have a project that I'm deciding wether to use Symphony for or not. It will involve creating a completely flexible CMS in which the users can create an unlimited number of top level navigation elements, and within those an unlimited number of second and third level navigation items. Then within these I need to provide x number of page templates which define the content and layout across all sections. (I hope I've explained that ok). My initial thoughts on approach would be to create the page templates as different symphony sections as these will be finite in number. Then create sections kind of like categories for the top, second and third level navigation. For example if I created a second level navigation item I would have an input for name and a dynamic select box to choose it's parent item. For a user to create a new page they would choose the correct template (from the content drop down in the CMS) and then select which navigation item it belongs to from a drop-down.

I'm not sure if this is the most elegant way to do this, so any input would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Ben