A new extension, "Address Location Field" is now available for download. Comments and feedback can be left here but if you discover any issues, please post it on the Github issue tracker.

This field has been born for a specific use case, and I decided to share it with you all.

It is a hybrid of the Address Field, and the Map Location Field, so thanks go to those relevant developers for their hard work.

Some of you may question the development of a hybrid field, when one or the other could be extended. It was discussed with a couple of developers, but as specific use cases were identified for each field, the decision was made to create this hybrid.

It will be buggy, a couple have already been identified that are cosmetic. Please break this field and let me know on the Github issue tracker.

Issues logged on this site will not be noticed I'm afraid...

Thanks! This could be just what I need for my possibly-upcoming project where multiple businesses will need to have their addresses stored and have maps showing.

I'm having issues with this field myself, and I can't figure out what's wrong.

Every time I try and geocode an address using the javascript method rather than PHP, Firefox crashes and chews up up to 2Gb in memory.

Chrome seems to be ok however, it's just firefox.

If there are any JS whizards out there, can you lend a hand?

@designermonkey - This is a wonderful extension! Would you be willing to update it for Symphony 2.3?

Have I not already? Whoops. Yes.

@designermonkey - Thanks for looking into that!

I think I have done it actually...

Can you try it out and tell me what doesn't work?

Sure thing.

Did you update your github repository? It says the last change is 9 months ago.

That would be me making the changes, then not actually pushing them...

Sorry. All better now :)

Thanks. I'll report back to let you know how the install goes. Thanks again for this beautiful extension!

I get this error now when I add the field to a section and save it.

Fatal error: Call to a member function query() on a non-object in /public_site/extensions/addresslocationfield/fields/field.addresslocation.php on line 209

I think I found the fix. After looking at some of the other 2.3 compatible extensions…

On line 209, instead of return $this->Database->query

change it to… return Symphony::Database()->query

ALSO, per the Updating extensions for Symphony 2.3 article, need change line 239 from ENGINE=MyISAM; to ENGINE=MyISAM DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8 COLLATE=utf8_unicode_ci;

With those changes, the extension now seems to work properly in Symphony 2.3.

John I can confirm the issue & the fixes work. Just happened to need this on 2.3 and got the same errors as bzerangue.

Have you guys tried adding an entry with this field in 2.3? I'm getting an error on the insert, saying that the database table doesn't exist. It's calling the wrong id for sym_entries_data_

following the above fix by bzerangue I added an entry without problems. I can check again however it should work.

Huh, something must have gone south before I fixed it with @bzerangue's tips. I had to delete the section and recreate it, works fine now.

My code is psychic and just likes to say hello now and again ;o)

@designermonkey - Sent you a pull request with the fix.

Create an account or sign in to comment.

Symphony • Open Source XSLT CMS

Server Requirements

  • PHP 5.3-5.6 or 7.0-7.3
  • PHP's LibXML module, with the XSLT extension enabled (--with-xsl)
  • MySQL 5.5 or above
  • An Apache or Litespeed webserver
  • Apache's mod_rewrite module or equivalent

Compatible Hosts

Sign in

Login details