Search

There is an interface that is undocumented at the moment, but the goal was to expand the loader of the extension so that additional Member interfaces could be used (also #175). Like I said, it hasn't been done yet, and it's been a little while since I've had my head into the extension so I can't remember the blocking part (ie. what needs to be fixed for it work).

That said, there is an oAuth extension that has default Twitter/Facebook/Google etc providers for oAuth, but AFAIK it doesn't integrate with Members out of the box. There is also an OpenID extension that does integrate with Members.

Hope that helps!

Yeah, thanks a lot. It's not very urgent, so I don't know when I actually get to work on this, but I'll let you know if I can make any progress.

Is Members 1.2 going to be moved out of release candidate (RC2) to final soon?

@jens the interface is easy to implement had no issues whatsoever I didn't document it exactly though; had mine working on the beta beta version. If you want I could look it up and come up with some quick guide.

seconded about members 1.2 - I am about to build a site with membership and e-commerce functionality and would love to do it in symphony

@gunglien My project has been postponed, but I'm about to start working on it in the coming weeks, so I will definitely get back to you, thanks a lot.

is there a way to extract a list of currently logged in users with the members extension? like it is done on this site.

Just noticed version 1.2 was released yesterday! With compatibility for Symphony 2.3!

I can finally leave 2.2.5 behind for good. Awesome work Brendan :)

Great to see this updated for 2.3. Thanks Brendo

Some of you may have noticed, but I've been doing some work on the Members integration branch to enable Multiple Section support (aka. #173).

At the moment, it's working as expected in my local test build, but as we're all aware things break in other environments and in different scenarios! I'd be really stoked if people were able to test the changes in their environments and report back anything that's broken, could be improved and just generally if it's working!

The migration to the integration branch should be seamless from your current implementation, the migration to multiple section support is only required when you actually create a second members section.

To solve it, you will need to add a hidden field, <input type='hidden' name='members-section-id' value='{$insert-section-id-here}' /> to all your Member related forms, but that's also in the README :)

The integration branch also has some other cool things, like a heap of issues from the tracker fixed and 5 new delegates, one of which will enable the default SymphonyMember implementation to be overwritten by your extension.

Have fun :)

Wow, @brendo. That's pretty cool.

Testing? I hope to update my biggest web app to Symphony 2.3 after Christmas. This would be the right time to test this, because my app already has a hackish implementation of multiple Members sections. :-)

Is it possible to register a new member using a webhook from an external form?

i.e Generate a custom event to trigger the registration of a new member using POST array sent from an external sites successful payment transaction.

I'm using formstack.com for payment gateways and once the user registers their info and pays, I'm trying to think of a way that I could send the POST data over to my Symphony site and create a new member account set to dormant/no active... then trigger the email for activating from then on.

Make sense? Both sites have SSL certificates.. i.e my symphony site and formstack form.

Am I barking up the wrong tree of is this possible using members extension?

It's possible, we do it at the moment for a site where users login with Facebook. An event looks for the return data and creates a new member or logs into an existing entry.

@Brendo, I have the Event triggering the creation of a new Member and they are set to Not Active by default. which is great.

I'm struggling to see how I can now trigger an email to this user being as the html markup for the email isn't in the page.

Do I use Email template Manager to serve this purpose?

Do I use Email template Manager to serve this purpose?

Yeah, that'd be a good option I believe. Helps keep your data separated :)

It's fun this Symphony lark :p... Darn it ETM not 2.3 ready yet :( I could use SMTP or sendmail in the Event PHP as a fallback for now.

Check out the 2.3.x branch.

Tried that last night on a local repo and it wouldn't install.. MySql error all over the place. Will try again with the matchsticks removed from my eyes.

can members be wrangled to allow for passwordless membership or is there a better avenue?

can members be wrangled to allow for passwordless membership or is there a better avenue?

The password field has a "Make this a required field" option, so my first thought is to give it a try! Out of curiosity, how is it possible to have membership without authentication?