Search

@designermonkey

You should be able to filter results by {$member-id}as it's added as a page parameter.

That's how I'm doing it anyway!

If you added an Activation field to your Members section, then the user must activate his account. That's a different. step than Registration.

Registration = form powered by a classic event for Members section

Account activation = form powered by the Members : Activate account event

Thanks Nathan, I've not got any members yet so couldn't log in ;)

@designermonkey No worries!

@vladG I get that side of it, I could build a form now that enables the user to activate their account; but how do I send them the activation to allow them to activate their account? Where does the code come from?

Basically I have a full, working registration process now. When someone successfully registers I want them to receive an email (which I can do), but that email should carry with it some kind of activation code - how do I get that code into the email? There doesn't appear to be anything returned on a successful registration that I can use.

how do I get that code into the email?

Filter a Members DS by etm-entry-id, output the Activation field and you'll get the code in that field. Use in ETM.

I just realised that may be the way - I'm in the middle of doing just that now :) Not outputting what I want, but probably just a discrepancy somewhere! Thanks

Activation via XPath is coming out blank in the email, is there more to it? (hard to test!)

Currently I'm using:

<xsl:value-of select="data/registration-get-activation-code/entry/activation"/>

But it's not working (ds etc. is correct, and email is arriving from same ds).

I'm wondering if it's something like:

<xsl:value-of select="data/registration-get-activation-code/entry/activation/code"/>

? If not then I'm stumped :)

I've just set up a test page and datasource, specifically to grab the Activation field of a known, un-activated user so I can see how it outputs in the debug.

Turns out it doesn't.

I'm just getting:

<test>
    <section id="7" handle="members">Members</section>
    <entry id="24" />
</test>

That 'test' ds's only job is to output the 'Activation' field of that user, but it's blank.

What gives?

:/ ...

Ha, not the positive response I was hoping for :p

Could it be a system time thing? As it expires the code after a certain period.

How would an expired code be output? I'm assuming that it just adds an 'expired' attribute to it or something similar, but if it chooses not to output it at all it might be something worth looking into.

(I've noticed funny timestamp issues with a cookie I'm using on this site, where something that should expire in 1 day actually expires in October. Could be a separate issue, but the only thing that springs to mind)

It is:

data/registration-get-activation-code/entry/activation/code

registration-get-activation-code must be filtered by $etm-entry-id.

EDIT: SORRY LEWIS: misread your comment.

I see that you added the code on the end… I did wonder!

If it's not in the docs would be a useful addition, as there's no obvious way to find this out… that I'm aware of.

Just updated it to include '/code'.

Emails still come through fine, still with no activation code.

Let's cover the basics.

1. Do you have the Members: Activation field in use with your member's section?
  2. Post your e-mail template code.

(Thanks for the assistance, it's driving me nuts!)

1. Definitely (and included in the datasource XML Output)

2. Currently the template code is as simple as possible during build/testing, plain text only: http://pastie.org/6015185

You got me in a good time as I'm working on a member set up right now. I just fast forwarded and I'm running into the same issue. This may be a confirmed bug or something has changed since the last time I used it (just prior to Symphony 2.3).

Let me go look under the hood…

Ah OK, sounds like I'm not going mad then :)

Will watch this thread like a hawk.

It appears the activation field is not being created until the entry is saved a second time. That's why there's no element. This is a bug.

Let me see if I can find the problem in the code...