Search

Glad to hear you at least tracked down the source of the issue - please do update when you know more!

Upon initial creation of the entry, the Members: Activation field does not set default data resulting in no database entry for the field.

Brendan has reworked things in the integration branch, but I think the problem has just been moved to the prepareImportValue().

Brendan, I think lines 386 to 388 in field.memberactivation.php need to be changed to:

$data = $this->generateCode($entry_id);
$data['activated'] = 'no';

In the master branch the lines are 370 to 372.

I just made the change and it worked a treat. I'll poke back in here later though just in case there's an issue with that solution, but it seems pretty straightforward!

I owe you a beer.

Does this extension support multiple roles per member? From a very early part of this discussion it looks like it doesn't, but I just wanted to confirm this. Multiple roles could be useful for a number of scenarios. I've got a page access control scenario that could be easily handled if multiple roles per member where supported.

If not, anyone have suggestions on the best way to implement custom page access control?

@lewis does this apply to this issue?

How do i go about form validation for login forms using this extension guys?

You either go the "traditional route", looking at the event's response XML and coding some validation yourself. Or you take a look here: https://github.com/michael-e/members-forms.

I have tried the traditional route - taking the name of the event and looking for a @result of a specific nature - I can't seem to find the output which the event gives though - Is it in the standard debug window?

Is it in the standard debug window?

It should be, if you set the forms action to debug. action="?debug"

Using action="?debug" on your form is a very valuable tip, and it will make you learn a lot about Members.

Nevertheless, once you get the basics, I encourage you to take a look at Members Forms, because this might save you several days (if not weeks) of work. No kidding, these things are rather complicated. Many "Symphony gurus" are using Members Forms (which makes my heart sing, of course). :-)

I must say that action="?debug" has been tremendously useful. Thank you for enlightening me :)

I will check out member forms asap. I am finding that a lot of Symphony Extensions are incompatible with each other though, so i try to use extensions sparingly really. Its a shame because Symphony is such an awesome CMS.

I am finding that a lot of Symphony Extensions are incompatible with each other though

Examples please?

Don't be afraid of Members Forms, it's not an extension but just a collection of XSLT files!

Members Forms even works nicely with Form Controls, in that they can both be used at the same time to create their own inputs and handle validation errors. E.g. a member registration form that asks for various project-specific details other than email and password.

Examples please?

On a couple of recent Symphony installations, I find that Email Template Manager does not work at all for the sending of HTML email....in fact, on the newest version of Symphony, including a datasource within the emails breaks the original datasource output on the page.

Sections Event is an awesome extension, until you want to integrate the use of Email Template Manager into the application...or uninstall Sections Event...which leads to having to hack the core code in order to free it from the system.

I love working with Symphony, but I am finding myself running into more and more frustrating issues with lack of functionality due to bugs like these. I don't know what version of the CMS is truly stable either. I can't trust it for larger applications until i know there is a stable version with a good base of extensions which don't break the core system or each other...with no disrespect to those who develop these extensions of course.

@ollybradshaw

Thank you for your feedback.

uninstall Sections Event...which leads to having to hack the core code in order to free it from the system

If you are kind enough, let's continue discussing in a new issue you will create on the issue tracker. It's rather strange. Uninstall should be easy as pie.

Sections Event is an awesome extension, until you want to integrate the use of Email Template Manager into the application

Let's discuss this in above issue as well.

On a couple of recent Symphony installations, I find that Email Template Manager does not work at all for the sending of HTML email....in fact, on the newest version of Symphony, including a datasource within the emails breaks the original datasource output on the page.

This sounds like a problem. Please post an issue on ETM issue tracker. The developer should know what's going on.

Firstly I am new to Symphony. I have a clean installation and have managed to install the "members" extension.

I have created a section called "Members".

Additionally I Have created the following fields:

Label/Handle

Member:Password/member-password

Member:Role/member-role

Member: Email/member-email

Member: Username/member-username

I then go to preferences and "Active Members Section" and try to select my section but the drop-down list is empty.

Any ideas?

Thank you

Which version of Symphony and the Members extension do you have installed?

Symphony 2.3.1 and members 1.1.1. Thank you.

That's likely the problem. You'll want to update it to Members 1.2, should fix it for you.