Search

It can be updated to use $_REQUEST if you log it on the repo.

I have created a members section and a register form. Sym version 2.3.2. Members version 1.3.

The problem I am getting is that only the first character of the password is being saved when somebody registers. The event XML (below) shows the full password, but only the first character is saved. In the case below, I can then login using the password s

Any ideas? Thanks

Entry created successfully.Membersdfsdfsdf@dgfdf.comsdfsdfsdfsdfPlease select...Please select...

Can you post your HTML that builds the form?

Hi Brendo. Sure...

http://pastie.org/9456080

and the XML

http://pastie.org/9456084

Just an update that I've push an 1.4RC1 to Github this evening which addresses Symphony 2.4 (and 2.5 compatibility). As Members is a pivotal extension, I've released it as an RC rather than an official release just so others can test and be sure before it gets it's wings.

Stuart, when creating new member's the Member: Password field actually expects two fields, a password, and then the member to confirm the password. Give the below a whirl :)

<fieldset>
    <label>Password
        <input name="fields[password][password]" type="password" />
    </label>
    <label>Password Confirm
        <input name="fields[password][confirm]" type="password" />
    </label>
</fieldset>

Just an update that I've push an 1.4RC1 to Github this evening which addresses Symphony 2.4 (and 2.5 compatibility).

Fantastic timing. Thanks Brendo!

Brendo. Thanks for the tip. Sorry, that was a severe RTFM offence!

Thanks for the 2.5 release too :-)

Members 1.4 has now been released. Many thanks to all who have tested and contributed to this (long awaited) release!

@brendo

Out of interest would it be possible to add an option (theoretically) to allow passwords to be single-entry only?

We built a form last year that utilised the (IMO) better approach of allowing the user to show/hide the password, rather than asking them to fill it in twice, and to achieve this we had javascript populating the [confirm] as a hidden input. Although this worked fine it does rely on javascript.

The confirmation is a good feature, but maybe there's room for having it as a preference?

Just a thought!

Hello Brendo,

I appreciate this extension, it's really helping me out with a little shopping cart site I'm doing.

I have an issue with my member update form. The password field is being filled in and the confirm password is not, which of course would require the member to re-type the password each time he updates his info.

<label>
    <input name="fields[the-password][password]" type="password" value=""/>
</label>
<label>password Confirm
    <input name="fields[the-password][confirm]" type="password" />
</label>

Even when I specifically set the value to an empty string the password is filled in. I wouldn't mind the auto fill of this field if the "fields[the-password][confirm]" were to be auto filled also.

Never mind, the problem had nothing to do with Symphony. I just added autocomplete='off' to the form.

<form method="post" action="{$current-url}"  autocomplete='off'>

@designermonkey, i supose this is the issue you've mentioned https://github.com/symphonycms/members/issues/148

is there any public gist on how to extend identity class with Facebook ?

@Constantin you want to make a Facebook Login using members? Do I understand properly?

yes, there are two sing up options: facebook and site based and i want to keep them in a single section

Hmm dual might be a bit more complicated I've never done dual login using default + other login. I guess what you could do is check first if it's an FB Login otherwise fallback to standard symphony. Using a single section should be possible but I don't think there's that functionality out of the box right now.

Though I'm considering switching an app I have from another system into Symphony and I might look into it but won't be until a couple of months... so not sure if anyone out there has done what you're asking.

yeah, i'm also thinking to use a solution like passport to keep users in one single place. also CouchDB might be a solution, since it has a build in RESTful API

what if .. Symphony sections could retrieve data from API's and use GET/PUT/DELETE methods .. that would be a nice feature

Hi there, is there a way to integrate oauth extension with members (the achieve is to use members role also for oauth's registered users)? I read about it in different discussions, but I haven't found the solution yet. Could you explain me how to implement this (how to create the "members facebook class" to create members users)? And how do you move to implement dual registration/login (default and facebook for example)? Do you create two members sections to achieve this? Or another case, how do you relate a user (registered with default system), with his oauth identity?

Hey Dave certainly possible, I would like to revisit the functionality you just mentioned at some point next year and have something built up.

There are 2 ways to go with it in my opinion.

1. Create a new memership handling class, which would take care of the oAuth and everything else would work like a standard member. I'm not exactly sure on the 'switch' between the two. Because I think it was something set in the config so it might require some tweaking. I did do my own login for a client where by we used an internal api so their usernames/passwords were verified through API, everything else was like the standard members.

2. Use a separate extension, which handles oAuth but once a users is confirmed/logged in it manually takes care of adding the user in your members database and marking as logged in/out. Both options would require quite some work to get done I'm afraid.

I did have an oAuth only login extension but thats a good 2/3 years old and haven't used it since. But feel free to ping me.