Search

@stuartgpalmer i'll take a look sounds like there might be a bug lurking in there. Can you enable php errors to find out what the white screen actually is?

Sure, but I don't know how to enable errors. Please can someone advise. Ta

Thanks. On the reset password form page I get there warnings:

Warning: Call-time pass-by-reference has been deprecated in /data/www/pmysusers/html/symphony/lib/toolkit/class.field.php on line 1226

Warning: Call-time pass-by-reference has been deprecated in /data/www/pmysusers/html/symphony/lib/toolkit/class.field.php on line 1226

Warning: Call-time pass-by-reference has been deprecated in /data/www/pmysusers/html/extensions/members/extension.driver.php on line 961

Warning: Call-time pass-by-reference has been deprecated in /data/www/pmysusers/html/extensions/members/extension.driver.php on line 966

Warning: Call-time pass-by-reference has been deprecated in /data/www/pmysusers/html/extensions/members/extension.driver.php on line 971

Warning: Call-time pass-by-reference has been deprecated in /data/www/pmysusers/html/extensions/members/fields/field.memberrole.php on line 121

Warning: Call-time pass-by-reference has been deprecated in /data/www/pmysusers/html/extensions/members/events/event.members_reset_password.php on line 213

When I submit the form I get this:

Warning: Call-time pass-by-reference has been deprecated in /data/www/pmysusers/html/extensions/members/extension.driver.php on line 961

Warning: Call-time pass-by-reference has been deprecated in /data/www/pmysusers/html/extensions/members/extension.driver.php on line 966

Warning: Call-time pass-by-reference has been deprecated in /data/www/pmysusers/html/extensions/members/extension.driver.php on line 971

Warning: Call-time pass-by-reference has been deprecated in /data/www/pmysusers/html/extensions/members/fields/field.memberrole.php on line 121

Warning: Call-time pass-by-reference has been deprecated in /data/www/pmysusers/html/extensions/members/events/event.members_reset_password.php on line 213

Fatal error: Call to a member function get() on a non-object in /data/www/pmysusers/html/extensions/members/lib/member.symphony.php on line 359

This commit should fix the pass-by-reference errors, let me know how that goes for you

Yes. This gets rid of a bunch of warnings. Now I just get these on the reset password form.

And when auto login is enabled, I het the same warnings and the fatal error.

Fatal error: Call to a member function get() on a non-object in /data/www/pmysusers/html/extensions/members/lib/member.symphony.php on line 359

The field warnings are fixed in 2.2.2 Beta 1

Do you have the Member: Username or Member: Email fields in your section? It's an odd line for it to be throwing that error :)

Can you post the Reset Password html? A pastie is probably the best bet.

I'm using Member: Email.

Here is the reset password HTML including my (probably messy) error messages in case they could be to blame. I am sending the reset code to the page as a page param {$code} to save the user copying and pasting it.

http://www.pastie.org/2076694

@brendo and @Allen. Thanks for the answers!

Wait where??

You find the Member ID in the param pool. 

I don't see it anywhere :(

If you're logged in as a member, it's added to the param pool as member-id

@stuartgpalmer Bingo! Found the bug, twas my fault. The autologin filter was assuming that the Member: Username field was being used. This has been fixed in this commit

Members 1.1 should land fairly soon (within a week) that fixes a couple of these edge case bugs :)

Thanks Brendo. Much appreciated :-)

I'm not sure if it's possible but it would be nice to have two modes in the data source to output the Member: Email field - 1) hash only or 2) hash and value.

It could be useful when integrating with Gravatar, so that the actual email address is not included in the XML. (But I could be wrong, as I've never integrated Gravatar with a website before...)

Is there a way to have the member automatically logged out if there is no activity for some time?

Very exciting! Can't wait for Twitter and Facebook Connect. That'll be the killer feature :D

@ellie I'm not sure why this would be helpful? At present Member: Email returns the @hash and the value by default, so it's up to your XSLT as to which one you want to use

@antoine Not without getting your hands dirty. Changing the TWO_WEEKS on this line to whatever you desire (in seconds) should do the trick from a PHP level.

@Pat It would, and it's on the roadmap. The difficulty is implementing it elegantly so you still have freedom to do whatever you please.

Great! Thanks Brendo for pointing that out.

@brendo

I wanted to avoid the actual email addresses being sent to the browser in the XML, when only their hash is needed. Indeed, I'm not displaying the email value with XSLT, but as a further security measure I thought that it would be better not to have it in the XML at all...

I'm not a hacker and have no idea how difficult it would be to display the source XML, so please be patient with me and tell me there's nothing to worry about!

The source XML is never exposed to the public unless you explicitly expose it through XSLT. It can only be viewed through by logged-in Symphony admin authors and developers. There should be nothing to worry about.

Doesn't seem to be working for me, for whatever reason. I think I set everything up correctly--I have a section with a Members: Email field and a Members: Password field.

However, when I go to log someone in (using the example log-in form), the member-login-info event always returns result="error". It never provides the messages the wiki shows (ie, password must not be empty), just the post-values block.

Anyone know what the problem might be? The website has an AJAX login form (click on the lock on the bottom left), so I created a standard HTML form to test it as well. The page outputs the XML it receives at the bottom. You can login with the email test@test.com and password Default. I just created the account, so I'm positive that information is correct.