Search

Would it be possible then, to make .frame self clearing without overflow: hidden ?

.frame:before, .frame:after { 
    content: ""; display: table; 
}
.frame:after { 
    clear: both; 
}
.frame { 
    zoom: 1; 
}

And are you planing to add horizontal sortables? :)

No plans yet. Let's wait until 2.3 is released and widely used before we add new features. But both, clearing and horizontal sorting, can be implemented on extension level immediately of course.

Hm, I think I'm going with core duplicators and orderables for the settings panel. Doesn't matter if fields are positioned vertically.

I just committed a bunch of changes to the dev branch. It still needs some testing since I rewrote some large chunks of code. So feel free to test the hell out of it.

Thomas, that is brilliant. Looking forward to testing it when I get a chance!

There were two db fields missing in the last commit. Also re-ordering on publish panel now works as expected.

I fixed checkboxfields and did some improvements on multiple select box fields

Attachments:
Bildschirmfoto 2012-05-23 um 16.34.29 Kopie.png and Bildschirmfoto 2012-05-23 um 16.34.06.png

Looks interesting. Have you already checked out Rowan's experimental Content Field-extension (screenshot)? I wonder how these two compare to each other.

Does it work for you? getting an error when saving an entry.

No, doesn't work for me either. I guess that's why it's called experimental. But I like the concept, so I would like to know if it's worth the effort bringing this extension to a stable release or if it's more or less an unintentional duplicate of this (Dynamic Text Group) extension.

I would like to know if it's worth the effort bringing this extension to a stable release

Definitely! This is a gem.

I think they both have their place. Dynamic Text Group is for short-form content like Brock's first use case of adding tracks to an album (title, length, track number). Rowan's Content Field aims to be more expansive, to create long-form content such as articles which might need to be comprised of re-orderable blocks of text, tables, promos, code blocks, image galleries etc.

They are duplicates insofar as they allow you to create modular content (via a duplicator) but I think they can co-exist quite happily.

Allright, thanks for the roundup.

Full ack.

Please don't feel that I have some kind of monopoly over my extensions, contributions are more than welcome since I have very little time.

I really want to see the Content Field take off, as it lets you build structured content in a way that is often difficult with a WYSIWYG or plain text editor.

If anyone is up to it, here are two simple content types that need implementing:

• Header
  • Sub Header

Basically you take the default text content type and make it an input box, and you're done.

However, I'd also like to see the image upload content type completed, I've taken it so far as building a drag and drop interface, but I decided instead that I want to accept multiple images, so as to build a gallery if desired.

So basically, you'd add an Image Upload item to the content, and drag in all the images you want, they'd get uploaded in the background, and you'd be able to sort and delete them, and enter a caption/other metadata.

@buzzomatic I'll look into it over the weekend, but can't promise anything at this point.

Just added a simple datefield. I think this could be come in handy.

Sorry to derail the thread further, but here's another one:

https://github.com/rowan-lewis/header_content

It lets you define headers in your content and assign custom defined "styles" to headers. The default header styles are 'Header' and 'Sub Header', but you could also add styles such as 'Question' and 'Answer'.

Hey everyone. Is there a version of this extension (Dynamic Text Group) that works with Symphony 2.3? If so, what's the correct Git repository URL for it? I tried the following:

• git://github.com/brockpetrie/dynamictextgroup.git (wouldn't install)
  • git://github.com/pixelninja/dynamictextgroup.git (installed, but threw a duplicate id error when I tried to add more than one group to an entry)

That last error seemed to be a known issue but I couldn't tell if had been fixed yet. (Sorry, I'm new to Git/Github and don't quite have my bearings yet.)

Thanks in advance.

It's the development branch

https://github.com/brockpetrie/dynamictextgroup/tree/development

git checkout development if you already cloned the repository.

Thanks again Lewis, that's what I was missing.

For some reason though, I was able to get the version from pixelninja working this morning, so that is the one I am currently using. I was able to get the development branch from brockpetrie working as well, but it required a little extra tweaking so I decided not to use it. Either way it's a great extension and I'm glad it's working for me now. :-)

Thanks again.