Search

A new extension, "Environment" is now available for download. Comments and feedback can be left here but if you discover any issues, please post it on the issue tracker.

This is a really cool idea! I would love to see it taken further to include different DB settings for environments too, but that may be out of the scope of the Extension class, and more of core thing (which I have discussed too)

Awesome though!

Thanks!

I would love to see it taken further to include different DB settings for environments too

Yeah, that's not a bad idea. I'll consider something like that down the track, but it's little complicated. I don't keep production database information in the config.php file for security purposes, so just having the extension switch between the info in config.php doesn't make sense.

Great idea! I had been wishing there was a feature like this. Thanks for creating it!

Lewis' Symlink Manifest might be useful here.

Both these extensions are definitely on the right track to tackle the multiple setup's issue.

What's the difference between your one and this one?

@touchstone: You could achieve the same thing with the Global Parameter Loader. I think for this use case though it's better to be explicit about the environments you're setting — plus my extension keeps the value in the configuration file rather than the database.

Yea I think I like the idea of it being in the config better.

Love your work!