Search

A new extension, "Archived Filter" is now available for download. Comments and feedback can be left here but if you discover any issues, please post it on the issue tracker.

Thanks for making an extension, it's always good to have developers adding to the community, but unfortunately there is already an extension that has this behaviour, Unpublished Filter.

If there is slight different operation and/or feature, can I suggest that you fork the original and add the features, then make a pull request? You can add yourself to the list of developers for the extension...

It's good to see that great minds think alike ;o)

You can also create a Datasource that filters unpublished entries and then execute it in the backend with "Backend Views". :)

I do appreciate the feedback, but I disagree that there is an overlap of functionality with the extensions you provided.

This extension provides an extremely simple way to solve the problem of archived items taking up space in the Publish index— by hiding old (but still published) items that are set to archived, while allowing the user to quickly show them. I created this because my client has a section where they add featured cocktails every month. At any given time, and depending on the season, they'll have 20 or so featured cocktails that are displayed on the homepage. At the same time, they'll be archiving the old cocktails, which will still be published and accessible, albeit from an interior page on the site. I made this simply so that those archived items aren't cluttering up the Publish index, unless they need to make a change in which case they can simply unhide those archived items. Unpublished Filter was doesn't have - nor in my opinion does it need - a method to hide the items that match its filter.

This extension will become pointless if Nick Dunn's Publish Filtering extension ever allows for filter-by-default (filters can be saved and would automatically filter when the section is loaded). Maybe this is what you're referring to, designermonkey?— in which case, you are probably right. This was basically a quick, viable solution to an immediate problem. I'll dig around in Nick's extension and see if it's something I could tinker with.

That's a neat idea for default filters! Am in the process of completely rewriting Publish Fiktering anyway, so consider it added to the wishlist for consideration.

Committed a fix (5d7e91a) to work with 2.2.2.

It didn't work when the table selector was defined as a variable.