Search

When creating an entry I want to automatically fill a couple of fields based on a 2 step selections in 2 fields. These pre-defined values for these fields will be uploaded as CVS. ea. from a dropdown I can select light or heavy, and then from the size dropdown I can select the available sizes, and then the price field will be automatically populated.

light, 10x10cm, 100$  
light, 20x20cm, 200$  
light, 30x30cm, 300$  
heavy, 20x20cm, 400$  
heavy, 30x30cm, 800$  

How would I do this?

xml selectbox doesn't take csv, and is single step only? should I use reflection fields?

Have you seen Import/Export CSV?

sure, but its using these imported entries as a template for field content that I am unsure about. So if I'd import the CSV in a section and use that to create an xml datasource for a xml select box how would I go about having it behave in a 2 step way?
Following the country analogy of the included example: How to be able to select a continent first, and then a country from that continent. Surely there must be a way to do that without creating datasources for each step?

Have you tried select box combo? That use case sounds very familiar and I think was used at the example in sbc. (sorry on opera mini so don't have the link handy)

Didn't know that one, great Brendo! Indeed that should work. The 3 selectboxes and their features;