Search

Did anyone have a change to try it out? I'm planning on finishing up the 1.0.0 release this weekend.

It has been running stable within my projects for almost a week now and it has already proven to be usefull for my customers. Finished stories were automatically pushed to the test / acceptance environments upon commit so they were able to view the changes without me having to do any additional work.

Continuous Database Integration (CDI) updated to version 1.0.0 on 31st of July 2011

Version 1.0.0 is out!

Next scheduled release is on the 31st of august which will mainly focus on user interation (error handling and Dashboard).

Feel free to try it out and add issues to GitHub if you encounter them.

Continuous Database Integration (CDI) updated to version 1.0.1 on 7th of August 2011

How can i use it without CI server? I've copied manifest/cdi to remote 'slave', but i can't find "CDI Update" link in System menu.

Hi, The CDI Update link has indeed been removed from the startup menu. You will need to call http://yourhost.example.org/symphony/extension/cdi/update/ to run the CDI update manually.

I will adjust the documentation!

Thank you remie for a quick response, and for the great extension. Please keep on! :)

remie, are you planning to develop the extension further?

i got couple of glitches using it, but they were already mentioned on github.

@Ixi: yes, i'm definitely still maintaining this extension. Can you tell me which GitHub issues you would like to see resolved?

cool. this one was annoying.

also, i came across problem with one extension - Order Entries.

i've installed Order Entries on master instance, then updated slave instance, but the extension failed to install on slave. attempts for manual installation were unsuccessful too, because CDI propagated structural changes.

@IXI: I will fix this bugs as part of the effort to make it compatible with Symphony 2.3. With a little bit of luck this release will also contain #739 which will make the use of CDI easier for developers.

Remie, I will be trying your extension today, and because I feel there will be a lot of other people struggling with the same problem I will try to document what I have done as much as possible, and maybe prepare a bit of a writeup.

Would you like to help me with this? I am pretty sure I will be doing stupid things, or things that could have been done more efficient. Also, where do you think is the best place to publish such an article?

where do you think is the best place to publish such an article?

@remie might consider opening the GitHub wiki for this.

@creativedutchmen: I'd be very interested in your findings. I have never managed to build a proper (dev/stage/production) deployment process using Symphony.

@creativedutchmen Also very interested in this. Some sort of recommended deploy workflow would be great as I've been running into all sorts of little niggles.

@michael-e: I'm very excited about this, too, and I really hope I will be able to get it to work.

I am not too sure about the location still, as a GitHub wiki sounds a bit "remote" to me, and I'd rather publish it somewhere more visible (also because it will be about more than just the CDI).

Ah well, I should get it to work before even thinking about these things, really ;-)

Updating the extension's README with any missing instructions, and perhaps screenshots, would be a good start. If you're coupling several extensions together, you can always publish the blog post on the Symphony Extensions site as a guest post, or on the blog on this site instead?

That said, if it's specific to CDI, then it makes sense for it to live there!

@Nick, it will not be specific to the CDI, it will cover all my findings deploying Symphony with Git. That said, the CDI will be pretty much the only extension I will be using for this (since all file related stuff is handled by Git).

Anyway, I think I should get it working first, then do a writeup, then determine where it should be published :-)

creativedutchmen, you can mark me down as being very interested in your findings too!