Search

So I just updated to 2.2.2 from 2.1.2

I've got a whole wack of extensions that require updating but they will not let me, some say they are in use others just dont seem to do anything.

I need the latest version as I want to put members in.

Any ideas why they dont update?

An extension requires updating. message at the top of the admin wont go away.

Ive attached a list of the extensions

adding attachment again...

Attachments:
list.png

You have to select all extensions that need updating (those with the message Enable to update, use Shift+click and Ctrl+click for multiple selections) and then apply Enable from the With selected … menu.

If this doesn't work, try to enable one extension after the other – maybe one throws a hidden error.

The main reason is that 2.1.2 stored extension versions differently in the database so 2.2 thinks something is out of date, but really it probably isn't.

ie. The version might be 1.1.1, but in S2.1.2, this was only stored (and the logic around it) as 1.1. In Symphony 2.2+ it uses the full version.

So in some cases it would look like it's updated, but really it will have because it's stored the full extension version.

Just a warning, the version of Members from 2.1.2 is not upgradable directly to the official release.

Thanks

Is there a way to get rid og the an extension requires updating warning?

Yea i dont have the old members on this site

Can I go into mysql and edit the numbers?

Just tried changing 1.2 to 1.20 from sym_extensions in mysql and it just rests it back to 1.2 hmmmm...

changed field type to char(255) or something like that and it now holds all the info and the warnings are gone.

if its suppose to be something else please let me know.

Yeah it's supposed to be a VARCHAR(20), which in itself is pretty generous.

This change was actually added in Symphony 2.0.6, so it's really odd your 2.1.2 install didn't have the correct column. Weird!

20 seems better ill change it. It was installed with an even older version and slowly updated to current over the last couple years or so.

Interesting, well fortunately changing the column type should be all that's required to solve this issue.