Search

I've recently upgraded a clients site offline and deployed it complete with the new database the server. Now in one of Gods acts that shows he love us so much the client rang and said that they made changes during our offline upgrade.

Now the changes they made were subsection manager image changes to certain sections, so uploading a few new images and associating them with entries. I copied the uploads directory from the live site when making the new site live so I have the files in the workspace, just not in the database.

Looking at the database structure theres alot of symentriesdata tables but I can't tell which hold the information I need. Am I fighting a bit of a lost cause here, or can I find out which sections use with data_## tables and export and reimport to the live site?

This is one of the downsides of normalizing the database to such a degree.

Using something like phpMyAdmin, open the sym_fields table and find the name of your subsection field. Make note of the id. The subsection field data will be located in the following table, sym_entries_data_ID where ID corresponds to the id you noted earlier.

I can strongly recommend using the CDI extension next time you need to make changes. It does not solve your immediate problem, but it allows you to develop a new structure while the client can still make data changes.

The Entity Diagram extension is a handy way to visualise your sections and fields (with their relevant ID's)

The Entity Diagram extension is a handy way to visualise your sections and fields (with their relevant ID's)

Indeed, this is one of my default extensions and comes in very handy for times just like this.

Thanks Lewis, I honestly didn't get the relationship at all so that helps to understand whats going on there.

Will take a look at that remie sounds ideal, looks like I've learned this one the hard way, life wouldn't be fun if everything was straight forward eh, least what I keep telling myself lol.