Search

hi guys,

i've got a section with a hierarchy that's created by entries referencing their parent entry (in the same section) through a select box link field. however, none of the select boxes in the back end, including the publish page, multiple entry action select box (which allows you to set select box field values on several entries), and nick's epic publish filtering extension, will show more than what looks like 20 entries at a time.

this is a bit of an obstacle for me since it restricts what the user can choose as a parent. however, i have noticed that each of these select boxes orders their options by how the section was last sorted.

it's puzzling for me, but i'm sure someone can tell me where to increase what i assume is an sql LIMIT clause.

well i greatly apologize. i just noticed there is actually a limit option on the select box link field.

i think it's time to take a break.

on a side note, is sorting the entries table by a select box link field on the road map at all?

is sorting the entries table by a select box link field on the road map at all?

I second that.

Not really. It's a bit of an unusual case as a SBL may have multiple entries attached to it, so sorting entries by many entries would be a bit of an nightmare.

That said, enabling sorting for when a SBL is a 1:1 is feasible, but will introduce a performance hit I imagine.