Search

A new extension, "WebHooks" is now available for download. Comments and feedback can be left here but if you discover any issues, please post it on the issue tracker.

Added a few fixes I uncovered while testing. Updated the information on the extension page.

WebHooks updated to version v0.1.2 on 28th of September 2011

I haven't tried it yet, just looked at the README. Wow. That looks very promising, just like it might become a de-facto standard for all kind of "push" functionality in Symphony.

As far as I understand, you will add a plugin architecture which allows to easily add custom stuff for Facebook, Flickr etc.? That would be a killer!

That's the plan, but only when I have more time. I've added a ton of delegates to the extension, so you could, in theory, create Facebook, Flickr "plugins" for WebHooks, but only in the form of separate extensions. Not sure if that would work, but it's worth investigating!

All in all, it was VERY fun to write. :)

Further more, and I just thought of this, you could just throw together a proxy script for a specific service and point a WebHook directly at it. That could also have the same effect without having to create separate extensions.

I'd like the Extension idea more. It will help keep things in one place.

Too bad you won't be coming to the Symposium, would've liked to hear you talk about it, maybe even give a workshop on that would produce a WebHooks Flickr Extension. :-D

If there ever is a Symposium in Australia, I'll be the first at the door. :)

Where in Aus are you? Are you attending Web Directions this year?

Unfortunately, no, I'll be out of town during WD. Too bad, the venue is, literally, a 10 minute walk from my work.

Damn, I'm in Sydney all week, thought we could catch up :) Next time.

/end thread hijack

Is this extension going to be updated for Symphony 2.3? I've been trying to update it for 2.3, but I'm stuck. Would anybody be willing to take a look at this extension and update it to 2.3?

NEVERMIND. Finally got it to work. Here's my fork of the library, https://github.com/bzerangue/webhooks. I am sending a pull request to wilhelm to pull into the master repo of this extension.